LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: A wooden fish

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Board looks good. Im sure dude will have a great time on it.

And for the record i find the latex dummy sh!t hilarious. I dont listen to them most the time. But seeing whoever it is get all goofy on it cracks me up every time.
    Thanks mike, it's almost done. I can't wait to hear feedback too. Here check this out :https://vine.co/v/hEAnaxgqBY7

https://vine.co/v/hEArADO6QbM

Ah puck you Yankee !!

https://vine.co/v/hH6B6mPOwbV
    Last edited by Charles Taylor; Dec 21, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Images
    Finally finished this thing. Final weight is 12 lbs. I can get it lighter next time I reckon http://instagram.com/p/iMNUdKR3PN/

Try not to troll my Instagram too hard guys but I don't care really just thought this video was a good one to show off this build.

did the guy ride it yet?

Can you get a good shot of the rails? Maybe its just cause its wood, but they may be a little boxy for modern shredding, if ya know what i mean.

But beyond that, it looks like it'll be fun as SH!T!!! Really floaty, really fast. How much would you say putting that together costs total? No labor.

That is a cool looking board you made there Charley! Props on the quality workmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Finally finished this thing. Final weight is 12 lbs. I can get it lighter next time I reckon.
    Looks good...
    Last edited by viajerodevida; Jan 31, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

Images
    Oh wow, that's beautiful.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post
    That is a cool looking board you made there Charley! Props on the quality workmanship.
    Thanks r carter. I'm sorry about your banishment too that's really messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Thanks r carter. I'm sorry about your banishment too that's really messed up.
    No worries man. I appreciate your support. I actually IM'd Tunerfish about our history and how we have come to a mutual respect and truce and that I admire your craftsmanship and board building. You know now my only issue with wooden boards was you know who's pricing and not the actual wooden boards themselves. See sometimes arguing can bring people together.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    did the guy ride it yet?

Can you get a good shot of the rails? Maybe its just cause its wood, but they may be a little boxy for modern shredding, if ya know what i mean.

But beyond that, it looks like it'll be fun as SH!T!!! Really floaty, really fast. How much would you say putting that together costs total? No labor.

The board carries it's volume equally throughout the plan shape and rocker so yeah the rails are thicker than a typical fish, plus it's profile isn't foiled (tapered in thickness of deck to bottom) so I actually packed in 33 liters of volume into a board that has a thinner thickness than a similar fish of equal length and width.

350 in paulownia wood and 100 in resin about. The epoxy coloring is like 20 bucks. That's it really. Some glass on the inside to add strength to the 5 mm deck and bottom. Resin seal on the outside, no cloth. I'm doing some fish now that are only getting oil to seal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    Can you do a step by step, like pretend you are teaching a child how to do this, like 'I am doing x because of y', etc etc. I am interested in learning about this process as I have only sanded my boards, never shaped one. And the ones I sanded were from a CNC machine where I choose the specs and rocker with the shaper. I have ridden many a board and I know what works for me, but overall the finer points are not my forte' and Id like to learn and see them in action.
    good luck chuck. lots of pics.
    I've sanded/ patched dings on my board and consider myself an expert shaper. I will post pics and step by step process