LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The only modern wagon is my BMW 369 turbo s5. Its tough getting the wax out of the goatskin leather but rascist comment something something when I get it detailed.

Nice ride, BCN. Anything just purchased with ya hard-earned dollars has a good feel to it, so enjoy.

Sideways topic: there was an article on Surfline (I think it was that site) about how the Honda Odyssey has become a sought-after surf rig in Cali. I can see the practical reasons why, but never would have guessed it.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    The only modern wagon is my BMW 369 turbo s5. Its tough getting the wax out of the goatskin leather but rascist comment something something when I get it detailed.
    Just curious, KMonster, question, how do you keep those skins looking good from the attacking salt water & sand?

Use your imagination mine is tired.. or let spicoli take over. I have barrels to dream of.. you surfin tomorrow yankee?

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Use your imagination mine is tired.. or let spicoli take over. I have barrels to dream of.. you surfin tomorrow yankee?
    Gawd, I wish! Might do a road trip up there, help a brutha out. Other than that, watching VB for this weekend.....VB.....where surfing forecast dreams go to die...

Enjoy Your Monday Wetness!

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Nice ride, BCN. Anything just purchased with ya hard-earned dollars has a good feel to it, so enjoy.

Sideways topic: there was an article on Surfline (I think it was that site) about how the Honda Odyssey has become a sought-after surf rig in Cali. I can see the practical reasons why, but never would have guessed it.
    The "soccer mom" mini vans aren't "cool", but they work really well for hauling boards (inside or on top), carrying gear, changing, and even camping. Take out all or some of the mid and back seats as you need. Our '99 Toyota Sienna has worked out well. Four kids and three dogs. It's taken a beating over the years and has smelled bad at times. A real workhorse. Family trips, hauling junk to the dump, and all our kids learned to drive in it.

Get a full-size pickup with a hardcover for the bed and your quiver is secure and safe as are all your provisions. Throw a tow hitch under that rear end and you could pull a camper to live the PB&J life at the break day and night. No vans, no Lezbarus, no crappy BS whips. Built Ford Tough all day long.

Love Nissans, dude. They run FOREVER. My surf wagon is a 2000 Maxima with 175K on it and a longboard sticking WAY out of the trunk. Lots of rust.
    Last edited by Mad Atom; Nov 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

You do realize that the original surf wagon "woodie" was the cheapest big POS that could haul boards and bros to the break. Counter culture beatniks that eschewed what the Jones were doing to pursue their passion of enjoying life at least for a while drove them. That being said my vote is for the full size 'merican conversion van. Fully upholstered, cruise control, lots of interior lights, ash trays, cigarette lighters, TVs, checker boards, electric door locks- the list goes on. My mobile changing room. A great place to nap. Burly push rod V8 with no gay timing belts to change every 70,000. Deer glance off her bow at an alarming rate. Will tow travel trailers or construction equipment. Banks get nothing on the deal and insurance is cheaper than you would believe. 14 MPG is a downside but made up for with cheap maintanence costs. Room enough for 10' tankers or 42 mini simmons or fish. Can ride shotgun with a dozen Dumster Divers because the seats recline like a bed. Dean Moriarty would drive one to mexico because it would not be a target for federales and cartels but he would know when the rear diff was gonna go (please excuse the Kerouac reference). They are everywhere and dirt cheap. Like woodies circa 1959.

And end thread^. But seriously custom vans are perfect for what is being talked about. Also some dude at my break has a 4x4 econoline and he put one of those "efficiency chips" in and it gets ~20mpg with a 2 inch lift, off-road tires and a big ol stuff rack on top. I was sold.
    Last edited by LIskim; Nov 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM.