Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I've seen this guy in RI a few times that literally just drives his small box truck to the break. Scared the piss out of me the first time, I was walking through the parking lot toward the beach and right as I walked past the truck, the rear door slid up and out stepped a wetsuit-clad elderly guy. Beats getting changed in the cold wind I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Yankee, when are you ever going to take me up on a session in vb? And THIS is the ultimate surf wagon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_M...28RWD.2F4WD.29
    I will, General Lee, I will....it's just that Assateague was pure goodness & fun from March through late September that I just stayed up north. Then a nor-easter just toasted the bars. After several post-concussive closeout sessions at AI in October, and a demolished finbox, I'm looking south again.
    Keep that N wind down & there's still hope.

"You meet a lot of ladies driving an Xterra because you pull up to a stoplight and look over and there's an Xterra next to you, they're always driven by chicks. So there's your ice breaker." -Andy, The Office.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I will, General Lee, I will....it's just that Assateague was pure goodness & fun from March through late September that I just stayed up north. Then a nor-easter just toasted the bars. After several post-concussive closeout sessions at AI in October, and a demolished finbox, I'm looking south again.
    Keep that N wind down & there's still hope.
    Lee, I want a ride report when this finally happens.

Man i dont get the crappy mileage all these new SUV whatevers are getting these days. I mean damn my FJ40 has a small-block 327 out of a 68 camaro and gets 17 MPG and its pretty heavy. Just $hithouse in my book....

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I call BS, never believe Surflies. Anecdotally and I can prove this on an Etch-a-Sketch, the most popular rides at any break in SoCal are late 90's/early 00's Honda Civics, ToyoTacos and Priuses (prii?), after that it's whatever cast-off, luxury vehicle Mom and Dad passed down to their privleged grom, which will be covered in name-brand surf stickers and then full sized pick-ups/SUV's, driven by the middle-aged, hodads, usually with a sticker for their local surfshop and or shaper, along with something to the effect of "surfing sucks, don't try it." The wannabe pro-ams and twenty something trustafarians all drive lifted F250 Raptor turbo-diesel DodgenChevies.

There are of course always those who can't seem to conform to popular convention. I take my 12 kids to the beach in a bus.
    Well said WCS. But please, for the love of Roy, get it right: 12 people. Roy gave birth to 12 people (says he). So you take your dozen people to the beach in a bus. Which I hope is powered by a Detroit Diesel turbo. GVWR of 46,000+ stone (is that what "unit" NZ uses?) when you put a single Hot Karl on it along with all those...people.

What do you mean..."you people"?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I call BS, never believe Surflies. Anecdotally and I can prove this on an Etch-a-Sketch, the most popular rides at any break in SoCal are late 90's/early 00's Honda Civics, ToyoTacos and Priuses (prii?), after that it's whatever cast-off, luxury vehicle Mom and Dad passed down to their privleged grom, which will be covered in name-brand surf stickers and then full sized pick-ups/SUV's, driven by the middle-aged, hodads, usually with a sticker for their local surfshop and or shaper, along with something to the effect of "surfing sucks, don't try it." The wannabe pro-ams and twenty something trustafarians all drive lifted F250 Raptor turbo-diesel DodgenChevies.

There are of course always those who can't seem to conform to popular convention. I take my 12 kids to the beach in a bus.
    I like that one, Z: "Surflies"

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Lee, I want a ride report when this finally happens.
    Ah, THERE he is! My stalker troll has emerged from his dark & sweaty lurking action.
    Don't get jealous, Clemmy; you've still got the other members of your troll stalker posse, namely, the gnome, chucka-boo-boo & wayne the insane.
    Last edited by yankee; Nov 20, 2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: contrails ... tribute to Archy...always contrails

insane in da membrane

10. Wow great information.
    Thanks for sharing.