LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Gawd, I wish! Might do a road trip up there, help a brutha out. Other than that, watching VB for this weekend.....VB.....where surfing forecast dreams go to die...

Enjoy Your Monday Wetness!
    Yankee, when are you ever going to take me up on a session in vb? And THIS is the ultimate surf wagon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_M...28RWD.2F4WD.29

I've seen this guy in RI a few times that literally just drives his small box truck to the break. Scared the piss out of me the first time, I was walking through the parking lot toward the beach and right as I walked past the truck, the rear door slid up and out stepped a wetsuit-clad elderly guy. Beats getting changed in the cold wind I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Yankee, when are you ever going to take me up on a session in vb? And THIS is the ultimate surf wagon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_M...28RWD.2F4WD.29
    I will, General Lee, I will....it's just that Assateague was pure goodness & fun from March through late September that I just stayed up north. Then a nor-easter just toasted the bars. After several post-concussive closeout sessions at AI in October, and a demolished finbox, I'm looking south again.
    Keep that N wind down & there's still hope.

"You meet a lot of ladies driving an Xterra because you pull up to a stoplight and look over and there's an Xterra next to you, they're always driven by chicks. So there's your ice breaker." -Andy, The Office.

Images
    I will, General Lee, I will....it's just that Assateague was pure goodness & fun from March through late September that I just stayed up north. Then a nor-easter just toasted the bars. After several post-concussive closeout sessions at AI in October, and a demolished finbox, I'm looking south again.
    Keep that N wind down & there's still hope.
    Lee, I want a ride report when this finally happens.

Nice ride, BCN. Anything just purchased with ya hard-earned dollars has a good feel to it, so enjoy.

Sideways topic: there was an article on Surfline (I think it was that site) about how the Honda Odyssey has become a sought-after surf rig in Cali. I can see the practical reasons why, but never would have guessed it.
    I call BS, never believe Surflies. Anecdotally and I can prove this on an Etch-a-Sketch, the most popular rides at any break in SoCal are late 90's/early 00's Honda Civics, ToyoTacos and Priuses (prii?), after that it's whatever cast-off, luxury vehicle Mom and Dad passed down to their privleged grom, which will be covered in name-brand surf stickers and then full sized pick-ups/SUV's, driven by the middle-aged, hodads, usually with a sticker for their local surfshop and or shaper, along with something to the effect of "surfing sucks, don't try it." The wannabe pro-ams and twenty something trustafarians all drive lifted F250 Raptor turbo-diesel DodgenChevies.

There are of course always those who can't seem to conform to popular convention. I take my 12 kids to the beach in a bus.

Man i dont get the crappy mileage all these new SUV whatevers are getting these days. I mean damn my FJ40 has a small-block 327 out of a 68 camaro and gets 17 MPG and its pretty heavy. Just $hithouse in my book....

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I call BS, never believe Surflies. Anecdotally and I can prove this on an Etch-a-Sketch, the most popular rides at any break in SoCal are late 90's/early 00's Honda Civics, ToyoTacos and Priuses (prii?), after that it's whatever cast-off, luxury vehicle Mom and Dad passed down to their privleged grom, which will be covered in name-brand surf stickers and then full sized pick-ups/SUV's, driven by the middle-aged, hodads, usually with a sticker for their local surfshop and or shaper, along with something to the effect of "surfing sucks, don't try it." The wannabe pro-ams and twenty something trustafarians all drive lifted F250 Raptor turbo-diesel DodgenChevies.

There are of course always those who can't seem to conform to popular convention. I take my 12 kids to the beach in a bus.
    Well said WCS. But please, for the love of Roy, get it right: 12 people. Roy gave birth to 12 people (says he). So you take your dozen people to the beach in a bus. Which I hope is powered by a Detroit Diesel turbo. GVWR of 46,000+ stone (is that what "unit" NZ uses?) when you put a single Hot Karl on it along with all those...people.

What do you mean..."you people"?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

I like that one, Z: "Surflies"

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Lee, I want a ride report when this finally happens.
    Ah, THERE he is! My stalker troll has emerged from his dark & sweaty lurking action.
    Don't get jealous, Clemmy; you've still got the other members of your troll stalker posse, namely, the gnome, chucka-boo-boo & wayne the insane.
    Last edited by yankee; Nov 20, 2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: contrails ... tribute to Archy...always contrails