LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Favorite Single fin shortboard designs

Describe your favorite design you've ridden with a single fin under 7'6".

Images
    Bump because I'm interested. Can we also talk about the size of the fin too?

I have a 7'6" - not under - but I'll respond because it's a great board. Fineline Egg by Brian Hilbers. Can't remember if it's a 7.5" or 8" Greenough 4A fin.

Picture 010.jpgPicture 011.jpg

Here is mine. A 7'2" single fin pin tail shaped by my buddy in Wilmington. I use a 7" Rainbow rake fin

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Picture 010.jpgPicture 011.jpg

Here is mine. A 7'2" single fin pin tail shaped by my buddy in Wilmington. I use a 7" Rainbow rake fin
    Tube bullet. wow that looks fun!

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    Tube bullet. wow that looks fun!
    Yeah she locks in and moves down the line. Moving the fin forward does make it loose for smaller days though. It's not quite as gunny as it looks in the pic and was meant to be more of a fun board but the tail is a little to pulled in for anything under stomach high.

My little brother's 6'3" 7s superfish had a side fin break off with the fin anchors in the box and has been riding it as a single for a few months now. The fin is absurdly small for a single, but it has very pinched rails from the nose to the beginning of the tail, and then a sharp down edge on the actual tail. I feel like those features as well as the swallow tail being pretty sharp and long points help the board have pretty good predictable hold, while still making it a really fun, loose flowy board on turns. Once things get really steep it does get tricky. Actually does anyone know a good singlefin for this board with fcs plugs? Thinking it'll be more fun with something deeper than 3"

i picked up a 6'2" rusty bali single for super cheap a few weeks back. haven't had a chance to ride it much, but it's been pretty fun when i have gotten it wet. fast as greased **** on a hot skillet, too.

how does it paddle?
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i picked up a 6'2" rusty bali single for super cheap a few weeks back. haven't had a chance to ride it much, but it's been pretty fun when i have gotten it wet. fast as greased **** on a hot skillet, too.

11`9`` Hotkarl, parallel profile rails, dynamic toboggan rocker, and snowshoe construction. The fin is more of a tunnel though..