LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Long island was sick to big O walls

Ac was decent in the morning. I thought it would have been blown out by the time i was done work but I caught it really fun right before dark, crowd was not bad at all, surfed until it was too dark to see.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    If by most people you mean the people from Hawaii then you are correct. 3-4 foot is stomach to chest to the rest of the world.
    Not in my experience. Surfline was calling it 3-4 foot yesterday as as well.
    It's judged like that in many places other than Hawaii. The east coast is probably the only place I've found that would call a chest high wave 4 foot.

Possibly setting myself up for disaster...but where do you guys surf in Jersey? Not asking for secret spots but just in general where's a consistent beachbreak or jetty that gets good in winter and can hold some size. Thinking of driving north instead of south this winter. Happy to trade knowledge...

I've been stuck in bed since Friday with a 102 fever, un-breathable nose, bad cough, and a hell of headache. Seeing that yesterday put me into deep deep depression. And non the less, all of my "good friends" were sending pictures and videos all day....

It's really easy. You can go to the beach anywhere. Look for a jetty and surf. Different jetties are good every year.
    Go to Deal. Best wave in the Northern Hemisphere

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.gnar28 View Post
    Possibly setting myself up for disaster...but where do you guys surf in Jersey? Not asking for secret spots but just in general where's a consistent beachbreak or jetty that gets good in winter and can hold some size. Thinking of driving north instead of south this winter. Happy to trade knowledge...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M.R.gnar28 View Post
    Since you're in DC, the closest, most user-friendly place is Ocean City. Go to Heritagesurf.com for a wavecam so you can give it a peak before the drive.

Better waves exist further north, but you need to use your Encyclopedia Brown skills to find them. I have no shame in mentioning Ocean City because it's really not some secret. Right ? And you never know, any deserted stretch of beach can turn-on during the right day. So get in a Christopher Columbus mood and start exploring.

Though we really don't get waves anymore. These days if we get four or five good days, we're calling the season, "Epic." Sad, so sad. I guess we're due, right? Maybe.........

Hope you don't go to Princeton...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyldo View Post
    I've been stuck in bed since Friday with a 102 fever, un-breathable nose, bad cough, and a hell of headache. Seeing that yesterday put me into deep deep depression. And non the less, all of my "good friends" were sending pictures and videos all day....

Quote Originally Posted by marksharky View Post
    Hope you don't go to Princeton...
    HA Princeton. Yeah right i wish.
    Last edited by Dyldo; Nov 19, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

This was a good day glad you all scored........and PJB has a great point about frequency. I remember when there was a winter>>spring when there would be a 5-7 ft at 7-9 sec SSE swell every 6 days, so like 5 days like that a month for a few months straight (early 2008) and the swells would be two days long, some overhead (solid three footers) with waist to chest hi leftovers the next morning

Im toasting a drink in your general direction hoping to more fronts that set up a good fetch for yall.
    HERE HERE!