LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How long will I last in my 4/3 Wetsuit?

I have a ripcurl F-bomb 4/3 chest zip in great condition, fairly new. My friend who surfs more than me (especially in the winter) is trying to convince me that i can surf ocean county NJ all year in it. I feel like I may be able to pull it off, especially in short sessions, but i'm not convinced. I know it depends on the person though. To give you a look at me, I'm wide but not huge. In summers, I can swim in in 60 degree waters for hours in bordies and not even really feel cold. I went in with my 4/3 on a rouge 55 degree (water)day and it was so hot that I almost died. if a nice hooded 5/4 of any sort was in my budget right now, i would get it. but its not....... so im trying to work wiuh what i have.<br /><br />i also have hyperflex 5 mil boots, 6 mil gloves, and 5 mil hood. I might go get some 7 mil's<br /><br />what does everyone think, can i get through the deadly jan/feb/march weather in my wettie?<br /><br />thanks

Images
    if your tolerant to cold water and the suit is tapped and sealed i dont see what not?

I've done it the last 6 years, I got a real good 4/3 and never bothered with the 5 mil. The key is 7 mil booties and good pair of gloves. Just sucks when windy, I rather be more flexible than warm.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismsurf View Post
    how long will i last in my 4/3 wetsuit?
    till you get cold

couldnt see why not...when i was younger...that was my winter suit...4/3 and no where near the rubber technology of today. Those very cold and windy days can be tough and may shorten your session.

Images
    How long can I last in my girlfriend with a 3/2 guys? Because i've been sweating to much in my 5/4 and she doesn't like that. But i don't want to be cold and catch the shrinkage Nahmean? but on a real note Njsurfer hit the nail on the head man. Wear what you got and you will find out it's as simple as that.

My wife says I last plenty long going bare...

I don't know.

I think you should ask for a wetsuit for Christmas.

4/3 Oneill Mutant is all I wear all winter. Good call above on 7 mil boots. Sounds like ya have thick skin so get out in the water and surf til ya shrink up dude......frigg

Quote Originally Posted by chrismsurf View Post
    ...My friend who surfs more than me (especially in the winter) is trying to convince me that i can surf ocean county NJ all year in it...
    The more often you surf in really cold water, the more you get used to it. Keep your core temp down by surfing maybe 2 days a week and you should be fine...but you're still going to need booties and probably a hood and gloves.