LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst fall ever

Worst fall ever

Ok, you know it's bad when june to beginning of august was better than sept to november. I have never seen a fall this bad consistency wise. 2 week flat spells in the middle of the fall repeatedly? This isn't late july. No hurricanes in the atlantic, which is almost unheard of. Now the season is over the people who are sane. lol Nature has a way of flipping patterns so you winter surfers will probably get a descent winter since it's been relatively flat for so long. I'm hoping it stays flat until late spring because if it does that spring summer and fall next year should be awesome.

Images
    this might be the worst winter ever as well.. i wish we could have some nice lines and shape to our waves every once in a while.

last fall i rode my prime-time short board everytime out. this fall i had to get a tiny wave short board and ended using my longboard way too much.

did the water get colder quicker this year?

Images
    Its been pretty fun in Delmarva. Nothing big, but I've surfed once or twice a week for the last 2 months.

Honestly, I'm looking for a skategoat at this point. Maybe we could sacrifice Emass (I know hes got one of them carver boards).

My worst fall ever was in head high hollow waves at CB. Two years ago. Wrong board, wrong skill set at that time for those conditions. Over the falls on a 8' 6" HP Ricky Carrol long board with little rocker. Board went back around and out of the water, came to the apex at the end of my 9 foot leash and then came down like a harpoon onto my thigh.
    Extreme pain and could not swim or even pull my board back to me. Grom paddled over to me to see if I was alright. I said, "That hurt."
    He said it looked like it might have. He pushed my board over to me so I could float to shore on the white water; a group on the beach helped me out. I didn't see any of it happen; just felt the pain and was informed as to what happened by on lookers. Almost quit surfing that day.
    Went in, had a couple of beers, a handful of Ibuprofein, a handful of Flexall 454, switched back to my fun board and caught a few waves when the tide filled in and the waves got more reasonable for a surfer with 1 year experience.
    Oh.... You meant the season? Sorry...

kook kook kook

Images
    kooky mckook

This fall has been terrible. I agree with never seeing a fall so inconsistent. My surf depression has been in full force so today I paddled out for the first time in about 3 weeks. No waves, a normal person would of stayed home but I needed to ride something. It was knee high and clean so I went for it. The good ones were far and few between but I managed to catch a few nice tiny little gems. I was pumped to get the few good waves that I did but it's never a good sign when your best wave in weeks is knee high. In the summer that's acceptable, in fall not so much. Especially when it's 32 degrees out

Totally agree, this late summer/fall has been the worst in my 15 yrs in the NE. You know it's bad when the lake surfing days have greatly outnumbered the days in the Maritimes. It's been BAD out there. One day swells at most. A nice juicy NE'ster that goes out to sea would make it all go away.