LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Worst fall ever

I've had some pretty fun days myself this fall. Nothing that blew me away but fun. Hell this past Sunday evening, I was getting chest high glassy nug nugs all to myself. That was however, after all the inlanders went home for the week. Got some glassy nugs one day this week.. Maybe chest-shoulder on the peak.. Nothing long but nice and wedgy.. Bottom line is if you are at the beach and Johnnie on the spot, there have been waves

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Bueno. Gary Elkerton reference? Mas bueno
    Kong! Love it. Anybody old enough to remember Elko (and Tom Carroll, Shaun Tomson, Occy and a bunch of others who shouldn't be surfing knee high mush) surfing the ASP Tour "wavepool" event in Allentown, PA.

That was some funny Sh!t.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Kong! Love it. Anybody old enough to remember Elko (and Tom Carroll, Shaun Tomson, Occy and a bunch of others who shouldn't be surfing knee high mush) surfing the ASP Tour "wavepool" event in Allentown, PA.

That was some funny Sh!t.

As two life guards stood carefully watching, and they were serious.

All in all it has been far from epic, but servicable down here. Crowded too. The onshores are scrambling up a decent swell ( fading chest to waist high ) today. Last Wednesday had decent size and zero wind for a magical hour or three, and yes if you were in the right spots at the right time some quality was offered up by the wave gods. Nothing heartstopping, or even heart starting. Except the neccesity to duck dive over and over and over. Not complaining, just observing. Oh, I almost forgot, I thought I saw Todd Holland carving it up at the Pier the other day. Maybe it was Cheyne Horan. What ever happened to Johnny Boy Gomes, is he like doing hard time or wot?

Quote Originally Posted by thetoeguy View Post
    2013 has been a complete and total bust.
    I guess you took last spring off from surfing. Because there was a 2.5 week stretch where no one can argue that it wasn't cranking daily. Straight up going off. It's not like I'm prone to have an absent heartbeat or suspect adrenal glands, but why do you think I got so stoked on surfing? Because the constant swell grabbed me by the jugular and said come hither. Maybe you were in a coma last April and May. If so, I'm glad you're feeling better. Now, if you ever get that flux capacitor working again you'll want to put April 15th, 2013 in the control panel and pack enough provisions for about three weeks.

Glad we got that straightened out. This year has NOT been a bust. We've endured periods of hardship, but if you've hit your break when you've supposed to, you've got your doors blown off more than enough times this annum.

Yup this spring was one for the record books.. which is why people are having such bad withdrawal symptoms right now. There were several stretches of time that were O-Head and clean. A lot of the breaks in my area were set up just right, a lot of places that I hadnt surfed in years.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Yup this spring was one for the record books.. which is why people are having such bad withdrawal symptoms right now. There were several stretches of time that were O-Head and clean. A lot of the breaks in my area were set up just right, a lot of places that I hadnt surfed in years.
    Lots of accuracy there. It was clean. These weren't just big days, they were clean too. Not gonna cry over spilled milk and wish back the clean faces from then before I was even getting down the line and into faces. They were so clean many days that I was getting takeoffs I otherwise wouldn't and making the drop even if it was straight to the beach. You also mention breaks setting up just right. True that. There were sand bars hitting back then that I haven't even seen a bump on since.

Nature seeks balance so it would've been foolish to think we'd not have a backlash after the floodgates. I knew it then and am ok with it now. You guys have been at this a long time. I know you've seen drier periods come and go and your world was still rocked again and again when the prodigal swell returned. Any day now that can happen again. Keep your paddle muscles ready.

Images
    sorry if i derail this thread but im going to corolla for turkey day weekend and if the forecast stays this way for friday, i am going to be one happy camper!!
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...north-carolina

Images
    Thanksgiving swell!?!

Images
    Jinx it, jinx it, ooooh yeah, jinx it real good.