LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What Hoodie to buy?

I come from surfing in warm waters (75 F up all year) and now live in RI because of my job. The thing is I have no idea on what hoodie to buy, I have everything else, but I can't get good information about hoodies on google. Help? I plan to surf all year...

What to get for now? What to get for later?

Thanks

Buy the one that kelly wears.. I hear its the best.

can these wetsuit threads be knitted together into a sweater that gets put away?

ah puns, the lowest form of humor

from what I've seen, there isn't surf in RI year round. It's wave window is basically due south and relatively sheltered. Gotta be the most inconsistent state on the east coast (other than Connecticut).

by "hoodie", I guess you mean a separate "squid lid" type hood. I wouldn't trust one of those in RI winter water and air temp...I'd probably invest in an o'neill mutant or something similar that covers my neck and chin.

WB - aren't you in NorCal? Maybe I'm wrong. Tough to keep up with all you characters here. Anywayz, I've not been around the scene for years but I'll tell you that in 2013 RI has blown away MA (and NH/ME too) for swell frequency, size and quality. Hasn't even been close since early June. Not even counting that their water's 6-8 degrees warmer than ours any given day.

If the OP is talking about those hood caps, I got one for a nickel this summer from an XCEL close out sale and tried it in Maine last month. Junk. And you know what I think of that company. If they can't make a good one, that whole product concept may be flawed. The hooded shirts seem to be the next best thing to an intact hood. Even with those you'll get some how's your father during a duck dive up here in February.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Buy the one that kelly wears.. I hear its the best.
    Buy the one that Trevon wore. It'll make you more aware of your surroundings.

I use a 3/2 with my 7 mil suit and its been working just fine

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Buy the one that Trevon wore. It'll make you more aware of your surroundings.
    Damn you beat me to it! I was going to say get the Trevon hoodie and some skittles but watch out for Chicano's with guns.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    from what I've seen, there isn't surf in RI year round. It's wave window is basically due south and relatively sheltered. Gotta be the most inconsistent state on the east coast (other than Connecticut).
    Spot on, or to use the parlance of our times, 'true story'.

patagonia r3 is the best hood on the market.

1__07666_zoom.jpg