LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Everywhere you aren't
    Posts
    857
    Images
    25

    Thxgiving Swell in RI

    Too bad its not friday. You'd think it would be crowded for the swell, but when you think harder, everyones gonna be piggin out on pie when they could be scoring! I can only get down there for friday. Basically no point. I'm gonna here all the stories and paddle out and enjoy some gnarly throaty firing 2 footers!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Too bad its not friday. You'd think it would be crowded for the swell, but when you think harder, everyones gonna be piggin out on pie when they could be scoring! I can only get down there for friday. Basically no point. I'm gonna here all the stories and paddle out and enjoy some gnarly throaty firing 2 footers!
    Try not to over-analyze it all. There are still surfers who place waves over food.

    And who knows Friday is still days away.........anything could happen. Nature holds to no one's forecasts. Stranger things have happened.

    Try harder to make it on Thursday, if Thursday is THE DAY. Beg and plead. Cry and moan. There's a bunch of dude's in your Rhode Island-bound crew on here. You guys should hook up, and start a carpool or something.

    Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,297
    is this the 4th or 6th thread for this swell?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    is this the 4th or 6th thread for this swell?
    Please see "Thanksgiving swell in South Jersey" thread.............

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Everywhere you aren't
    Posts
    857
    Images
    25
    I'm just tryin to get guys from RI on this thread. And btw, swellinfo forums are open to all, but again, this is a "Northeast" thread, not an "All Discussions" thread. So if anyone pays attention to those anymore, please stay on your thread. Chances are (like on every other thread) NJ is probably going to be firing with barreling 23 footers anyway.

  6. #6
    Why would you try to blow up a day that otherwise might not be thought about. Every time you post about a swell or a swell in certain area more people are likely to see it. Adding crowds to your lineups can't you just talk about said swell before with your local buddies not put it on the web. If you must post, post after its happened.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by paperplate View Post
    Why would you try to blow up a day that otherwise might not be thought about. Every time you post about a swell or a swell in certain area more people are likely to see it. Adding crowds to your lineups can't you just talk about said swell before with your local buddies not put it on the web. If you must post, post after its happened.
    Thank you. Yes. You're more than welcome to come here and surf, as we RI locals, and ANY surfer for that matter, often travel to other places for swell, but your constant over advertising is RIDICULOUS. Just surf. Constantly asking and updating where to go or going to go leads to the insane overcrowding scenes we've suffered the past VERY few swells we've had.
    Two spots now the people who owned property there won't let people park because of the insane crowding and FULL ON LACK OF RESPECT from visiting surfers to their property. 20+ years and NO Problems...Now with text updates going out and threads like THIS...
    Long story short, read the buoy, grab your friends, stay within your depth, respect the lineup, the locals, and quietly come surf.

    Thank you.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kpd73 View Post
    Thank you. Yes. You're more than welcome to come here and surf, as we RI locals, and ANY surfer for that matter, often travel to other places for swell, but your constant over advertising is RIDICULOUS. Just surf. Constantly asking and updating where to go or going to go leads to the insane overcrowding scenes we've suffered the past VERY few swells we've had.
    Two spots now the people who owned property there won't let people park because of the insane crowding and FULL ON LACK OF RESPECT from visiting surfers to their property. 20+ years and NO Problems...Now with text updates going out and threads like THIS...
    Long story short, read the buoy, grab your friends, stay within your depth, respect the lineup, the locals, and quietly come surf.

    Thank you.
    well said sir, proud to be from the same state

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    476
    You're giving us way too much credit if you think that many people actually read these posts. I don't think the SI forum is what's crowding the breaks. Post on, friends.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    You're giving us way too much credit if you think that many people actually read these posts. I don't think the SI forum is what's crowding the breaks. Post on, friends.
    I don't think the SI forum is Solely responsible or even Mostly responsible, but it certainly isn't helping. My point is None of the forums, updating and Naming spots?! (past threads) like this are. And where I am, and mostly surf, it's Point Breaks not Beach. When a peak goes from 5 guys to 15 that's kinda crowded. When it goes to 30 or 40 one ONE peak in some spots here? That's just ridiculous. Our parking lots look like the new Universal East Coast DMV, and neighborhoods go from friendly access to people calling the cops to tow and ticket us.
    You guys all leave and go home and we're stuck with the reprecussions and damage control. One spot is Already basically shut down to us outside of a 1/4 walk.
    Again, come surf, share Energy, but enough of this for now.
    Thank you
    RI Local