LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    You guys down south are lucky, it felt like the middle of winter up here today.
    That we are Koki, although the ability to catch waves while snow is falling would be pretty magical

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    That we are Koki, although the ability to catch waves while snow is falling would be pretty magical
    it's fun, but trudging across the beach through 6+ inches of snow just makes you colder. no amount of neoprene protects against that.

    it's the same thing i say to the snow freaks around here- snow is really neat while it's falling & for about 12-24hrs afterward. beyond that, it's really just a gigantic pain in the arse.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    it's fun, but trudging across the beach through 6+ inches of snow just makes you colder. no amount of neoprene protects against that.

    it's the same thing i say to the snow freaks around here- snow is really neat while it's falling & for about 12-24hrs afterward. beyond that, it's really just a gigantic pain in the arse.
    It's one of those things, looks really cool in surf mags and pictures, probably BA to experience first hand, but definitely a sacrifice getting to and from and back home. I lived a little bit in IL when I was a child and getting passed back and forth between the parents. The salt on the ground making all the snow nasty and slushy, chains on tires, ice stuck on windshields, shovels, plows, car not starting, etc., I can live without all that, I just want to paddle out when it's like 30 degrees, no wind, and a light snow falling, that would be enough for me.

  4. #24
    The good thing about living in snow country is that you don't even need a thermometer or anemometer. You can tell when the mercury falls and when the wind chill gets nippy by counting how often the wahines call and text. It's like they don't know how to walk to the thermostat to turn the heat on, they just come looking for you when they're cold. For the married guys, I'm sure the equivalent is you counting how many times they tell you to go out back for some firewood. So, in summary, females in the north look for a heat source and entertainment source during the cold months. What do you southern brahs observe from your superior wahines during this time?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,362
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/costa-rica-north
    Measure that snowfall, sports fans.

    Happy Thanksgiving, amigos!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Monmouth - NJ
    Posts
    220
    Looks like it may be shaping up for a good am session, low tide 10 ... lets hope the wind does not turn too early on Wednesday!

  7. #27
    I was a skeptic, but looks like the turkey gods will deliver!
    Get on it my amigos and have a lot of fun.
    We will all have something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

  8. #28
    EVeryone should just stay in and eat turkey. I hear these waters are shark infested....

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/costa-rica-north
    Measure that snowfall, sports fans.

    Happy Thanksgiving, amigos!
    I hope your brought your log! It's suppppoda be 10 foot (maybe even 23) at your spot the 'teague tomorrow. Doesn't it always seem to work like that? I'll go and pretend to be you.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    The good thing about living in snow country is that you don't even need a thermometer or anemometer. You can tell when the mercury falls and when the wind chill gets nippy by counting how often the wahines call and text. It's like they don't know how to walk to the thermostat to turn the heat on, they just come looking for you when they're cold. For the married guys, I'm sure the equivalent is you counting how many times they tell you to go out back for some firewood. So, in summary, females in the north look for a heat source and entertainment source during the cold months. What do you southern brahs observe from your superior wahines during this time?
    An increased urge to go shopping. That and cocktail hour starts earlier due to lack of sunlight after 5, so they are easier earlier.