LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBoast View Post
    alright as of right now no one talk of the turkey day swell. we are long over due for some swell and we can't take any chances of jinxing it. i wanna see some epic waves this fall but only time will tell if that a gonna happen
    The high temp forecasted for thanksgiving is 32 degrees with a low in the 20's.(mid january air temps)That is NOT a FALL swell.(as far as what it feels like) We've transitioned into early winter now.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,330
    nothing better,huh?what if you surf all morning and then pig out and watch your football and it gets even better?everybody eating,spending time with family/friends,football, and someone paddles out empty perfection like 2 p.m..it doesn't get any better than that.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    The high temp forecasted for thanksgiving is 32 degrees with a low in the 20's.(mid january air temps)That is NOT a FALL swell.(as far as what it feels like) We've transitioned into early winter now.
    yikkes didn't see that yet.. prepare the jewels boys.. its gonna be a long winter

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    The high temp forecasted for thanksgiving is 32 degrees with a low in the 20's.(mid january air temps)That is NOT a FALL swell.(as far as what it feels like) We've transitioned into early winter now.
    Correct. The swell is set to come from NNE/NE then straighten out to NE/E. You can see mini-tornados with leaves today. Winter has entered the building. Buckle up.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,790
    Almost every year we get something around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, never fails, even Halloween gets in on the action. Still trunking it as late as yesterday, water felt refreshing

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    450
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Almost every year we get something around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, never fails, even Halloween gets in on the action. Still trunking it as late as yesterday, water felt refreshing
    Trunking it... damn.

    I actually thought you were joking till I saw your location... I wish I was in Florida

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by 34thStreetSurfing View Post
    Trunking it... damn.

    I actually thought you were joking till I saw your location... I wish I was in Florida
    Yeah, several people have pulled the rubber out around here but honestly it hasn't been necessary, I think I've brought my spring with me the last few times but it just stays in the vehicle. I'm thinking maybe in a few weeks it'll be time, but who knows, may stay warm enough. Jan - March is when things really cool off here

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,499
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Jan - March is when things really cool off here
    yea, same here...but i think we have different definitions of "really cooling off".

  9. #19
    You guys down south are lucky, it felt like the middle of winter up here today.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    yea, same here...but i think we have different definitions of "really cooling off".
    Definitely different definitions! I would still surf year round if it was THAT cold but having a good suit would be priority, I still can get away with a 3/2, gloves and occasionally a hoodie but that's kinda rare