LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i also agree that it sounds like staph & would add that you need to get to a doctor asap. a MRSA infection in his knee directly led to my dad's knee replacement 18 months ago. you don't **** around w/ staph.
    I almost did go to the doctor this week, for the first time in years. But then I woke up and it looked significantly better, and has every day since. From all the information I could gather, and by how it felt, it seemed like a skin-deep issue only.

I know it might not be relevant, because he probably doesn't have a 'puny weak immune system' like me... but is there anything in your father's case that should make me consider otherwise?

Definitely staph, that sh!1 is no joke man. My grandpop died of a MRSA infection after open heart. Go see an MD, buy some Hibicleanse and I hate to say it, toss the suit, or at least soak it in a lot of bleach and then rinse it 20 times (bleach is bad, mmmKay). Burn it with Fire. And don't wear your new one until you get rid of the staph infection. I picked up MRSA on my elbow a couple of years back from rolling and I count myself lucky it didn't turn into a giant, black, pus oozing hole that ate my bones. First it looked like a pimple, then the gnarliest bug bite I've ever had, full on bullseye rings. I was gonna put a picture of a bad staph infection up; but i like most of you guys. googles

One more thing, doing a partial course of half-expired, antibiotics "Reduced drinking and my remaining Nicaraguan antibiotics knocked it out over a couple of weeks. All systems go." is what leads to multi-resistant bacteria. SOURCE: oldest sister, Dr/CEO of a biotech Co., my Mom an immunologist with a Master's in MicroB and my sister an ER/lifeflight nurse.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Nov 22, 2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: damn drunken dyslexia

Images
    Yeah it was no big deal for my son other than the healing process of the wound. They will give you some antibiotic ointment and an oral antibiotic if I remember correctly.

ZaGaf with SOLID advice and humor ta boot. hats off to you, Id buy you a tecate if I could

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    ZaGaf with SOLID advice and humor ta boot. hats off to you, Id buy you a tecate if I could
    And I've never said no to a drink. Next time I'm in the 808, I'll hold ya to it.

just pm me when your coming out, I will get my drinking shoes ready...they are always on, but I will polish them up

and to get hippied out, I recommend Tea Tree oil (Melaleuca) peer reviewed studies demonstrate the efficacy of this antifungal, antibacterial plant extract. No big pharma and effective
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Nov 22, 2013 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Toss the suit... Burn it with Fire. ...One more thing, doing a partial course of half-expired, antibiotics "Reduced drinking and my remaining Nicaraguan antibiotics knocked it out over a couple of weeks. All systems go." is what leads to multi-resistant bacteria. SOURCE: oldest sister, Dr/CEO of a biotech Co., my Mom an immunologist with a Master's in MicroB and my sister an ER/lifeflight nurse.
    Yeah... ten days of year-old 500mg Nica-Ciproflaxin twice a day. I understand that this is frequently prescribed for such conditions; with doses of 750mg for severe infections. I also understand that this isn't better recourse than seeing an expert. However, I'm uninsured, and my option is the clinic. The only time I have been to a doctor in the last five years was at a clinic, for another infection. They gave me antibiotics, then cancelled my follow-up appointment; when I finally got a follow up, the doctor remembered neither me nor my condition. Wasn't psyched about repeating that experience.

A crazy friend of mine died of an infection that he didn't take care of. It took about a year, but they found him in a comatose state and he never made it back. I took it to heart and thought I was taking this seriously enough, but perhaps I am not. If it does anything but continue disappearing, I will hit up the MD.

Thanks Gaffe. As always, the elder statesman chimes in with valuable wisdom. There's a beer waiting for you in the 718 too.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    and to get hippied out, I recommend Tea Tree oil (Melaleuca) peer reviewed studies demonstrate the efficacy of this antifungal, antibacterial plant extract. No big pharma and effective
    That is straight knowledge dropped hard. TTO will get rid of most any barnacle on your body. I don't know what was worse - having the rash from the MMA cage a few years back or smelling like a filthy Cap'n Crunch poser. All I could think of was hippie scum constantly and that schitt doesn't wash out of fabric.

Red wine vinegar is another solid natural remedy. Not like that smells like surf wax either. If you were diligent with application of both, you'd be stoked over time with the resolution of the issue.

FREE YOUR RADICALS AND KEEP THE IMMUNE HEALTHY

ps Gaffer - next time you're in the 617 (seeking no swell, of course) you can expect a salty, foul-mouthed, non-Rhotic speaking azzhole on every street corner giving you the evil eye because this is a cold, flat tundra of a championship town.
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Nov 22, 2013 at 05:12 AM.

Sounds like a Staph/MRSA infection. MRSA is everywhere but once you get it like that its practically impossible to get rid of....Burn the Wetsuit

Make sure the DR gives you the right Antibiotics the wrong antibiotics can make it worse.

I got nailed by a Stingray last spring that got infected two surgeries later and probably a permanent limp but considering I almost lost my leg I'll smile with every step. I am finally back in the water...New wetsuit

Do you keep your suit inside-out while drying?