LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States

This humpday swell?!

Wednesday of this week looks impressive from the reports. Well overhead on OBX and even SENC will get head high waves. I'm sure glad I'm not responsible for cooking any of the T-day chow this year bc it looks like I'll be out battling the 20+mph offshores all day the day before! Who else is planning on getting some?

The VERY reliable forecasts are calling for 6-9ft here. Using extrapolation we can conclude that Joizy is getting 64 footers. I'll be out getting WORKED Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning, then applying ice to my body Fri-Sunday. Should be a GREAT holiday.

Images
    Too bad in RI the best of the swell is on Thxgiving! Sucks. Only locals gon be out then! Looks like overhead and clean.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Too bad in RI the best of the swell is on Thxgiving! Sucks. Only locals gon be out then! Looks like overhead and clean.
    Cuz I live 2 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Cuz I live 2 hours away.
    My current tentative plan is to drive the 1.5ish hours to Second Beach/Newport Thursday AM super early dawn patrol (sorry for blowing up the spot, if there are 300 surfers there instead of the usual 200 it's my fault), finish by ~11am so's I can get back to this super nice lady I've been dating-ish's house for vegan thanksgiving, then hit Good Harbor in Gloucester Friday... we'll see how the forecasts actually work out tomorrow/Wed though.

Maybe also a Wednesday PM session if it is firing + I have the afternoon off...

Images
    ill be out in the OBX. im going to be in corolla where its supposed to head high and a lot less winds but i want to try to get to rodanthe or buxton if i can. almost DOH!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    ill be out in the OBX. im going to be in corolla where its supposed to head high and a lot less winds but i want to try to get to rodanthe or buxton if i can. almost DOH!?!?!
    I'm still a bit skeptical. I think there's going to be a lot of water moving around so I'm not so sure that there will be perfect barrels in OBX. Hoping for the best though and will be standing by for that glorious window.

should be a win/win for me planning on flying up to RI and catching some thanksgiving waves there and if the weather cancels the flight its ok cause swell here on the gulf to

Im sorry that's none of my business.... move along..

Images
    Jersey Turkey Shoot. Can't wait to score some 23 footers brah!