LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Sign?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    937
    Images
    1

    Sign?

    name this spot:

    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,363
    Could be the entry point to chucka-boo-boo's barn. Proceed with utmost caution! Especially if wearing latex.

  3. #3
    Isnt that obvious? Where did you get that?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    937
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshiles View Post
    Isnt that obvious? Where did you get that?
    i know, quite obvious....great sign, though, huh? it's sitting somewhere in storage in the AC municipal archives...so's this one:


    these have to be from the 60's or before...if they were posted at these spots anytime after that, i'm sure that me or someone like me would have swiped them...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    It ain't obvious to us southerners down here in the Carolinas. Where's dem spots? Y'all got the cat a curious something fierce.

    Ahhh the beauty of surfing juxtaposed with impoverished neighborhoods. A place where Tommy from Northfield can live out his TuPac CD fantasies from the safety of the Atlantic Ocean.

    "Yeah man I surfed Metros this morning, dude. And then I hung out on the streets, changing, for a full five minutes....maybe a little longer. I saw ten African Americans, dawg"

    All of Tommy's middle-class thug friends are impressed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    937
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    It ain't obvious to us southerners down here in the Carolinas. Where's dem spots? Y'all got the cat a curious something fierce.

    Ahhh the beauty of surfing juxtaposed with impoverished neighborhoods. A place where Tommy from Northfield can live out his TuPac CD fantasies from the safety of the Atlantic Ocean.

    "Yeah man I surfed Metros this morning, dude. And then I hung out on the streets, changing, for a full five minutes....maybe a little longer. I saw ten African Americans, dawg"

    All of Tommy's middle-class thug friends are impressed.
    that's the ironic part - the signs referenced danger in the water, when the real threat in surfing those spots would come from the street. somewhere in the same pile of old signs should be one that says "Welcome To The Inlet - Enter At Your Own risk"...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    that's the ironic part - the signs referenced danger in the water, when the real threat in surfing those spots would come from the street. somewhere in the same pile of old signs should be one that says "Welcome To The Inlet - Enter At Your Own risk"...
    Hannah, you should come back home and take over. Law enforcement has disrupted the Dirty Bloc(Stanley Holmes), The 800 Bloc(Back Maryland), and just recently the Blocstarz(Tennessee Ave from the boards to John Brooks area).

    You should come and set-up a new empire. Good luck.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kailua-kona
    Posts
    436
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    that's the ironic part - the signs referenced danger in the water, when the real threat in surfing those spots would come from the street. somewhere in the same pile of old signs should be one that says "Welcome To The Inlet - Enter At Your Own risk"...
    There is plenty of danger in the water too. I remember surfing one of the AC piers and seeing old pilings, rebar, shopping carts, etc. exposed at low tide...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    937
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    There is plenty of danger in the water too. I remember surfing one of the AC piers and seeing old pilings, rebar, shopping carts, etc. exposed at low tide...
    true enough. there used to be a spot somewhere around Steel Pier that was called Washing Machines because, as the story went, there were old washing machines embedded in the sand bar.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    1,406
    Images
    1
    Aint that the sign for Belmar, NJ??? aka the best break in jersey???