LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    If these conditions hold up Carolina Beach might end up looking alot like it looked the day after Sandy ! Those drop-ins were like jumping down a waterfall!

Images
    You could be jinxing the forecast with these postings. However, I failed to test this hypothesis over the summer. My plan was to post all kinds of "let's get excited about the swell" messages hoping that I would jinx the flat forecasts and we'd get some waves. I'm convinced the jinx works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    If these conditions hold up Carolina Beach might end up looking alot like it looked the day after Sandy ! Those drop-ins were like jumping down a waterfall!
    Gonna Be rainy and WINDY! I hope I can get out though. I'll be out for sure Thursday. There. I fixed the jinx; it will be great Wednesday for CB because my wife will have to work and I'll have to wait for her and won't be able to get out until after dark. Thursday through Sunday? flat as a pancake.

Going the opposite way. Florida bound. Not going to be as big or fun but I need some warm water and weather. Wed and Friday morning are looking fun

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Gonna Be rainy and WINDY! I hope I can get out though. I'll be out for sure Thursday. There. I fixed the jinx; it will be great Wednesday for CB because my wife will have to work and I'll have to wait for her and won't be able to get out until after dark. Thursday through Sunday? flat as a pancake.
    wouldn't mind a bit less wind in the forecast, but it looks promising, nonetheless.

Images
    Hey look at that, the forecasts change again.

Everybody on here gets excited when it might have some size, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Hey look at that, the forecasts change again.

Everybody on here gets excited when it might have some size, huh.
    Why such a Negative Nancy lately, PJB? Tell us an interesting non-surf related tale of adventure!

Images
    Yea the potential 30mph wind may make it a little sketchy further south but damnmit if I could get standup barrels.... Hope the forecast holds. Been checking 10 times a day haha. Hope everybody scores!!!

Its been my experience that the forecast for cleanup usually gets delayed 12-24 hours as the fronts seem to slow down when they hit the coast. plan accordingly for either/both wednesday/Thursday swell

and some of my best memories of EC surfing is surfing turkey day till exhaustion >> eating to coma >>watching cowboys lose. little things make life worthwhile

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    >>watching cowboys lose. little things make life worthwhile
    Hush now don't you know The Cowboys are Americas team! The Cowboys! I believe this because that's what we were told in the early 80s. America had a team and that team was the Cowboys. Oh and that our country was special. All thanks to Reagan. I paid attention in school, all 5 of them, counting Sunday School.