LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Rhode Island is crowded because it is so small. Oh lordy so tiny......Plus you guys have all them b!tchen point breaks with channels to paddle out in which there to. Oh man !! It's all so easy and user-friendly, just perfect for Skippy from Greenwhich (did I spell that place correct). Just be happy the Bridgeport crew hasn't shown up yet. Man, Trevolution would muff y'all up, once he gets out of prison for felony skateboarding crimes.

I love paddlin' channels!! I's sick of taking frothy ones on the head. I'm not allowed to use the leash by court order and it gets so scary.....sometimes.

Kelly Slater made your breaks with crowds. It's all his fault. What, did you think him appearing on Baywatch wasn't going to entice people from Coventry to Fairfield? I gots an idea: Start easy transport from CT to Strong Island(represent)..you know across the sound. Send those CT dudes to Strong Island(represent).

Actually, if you so vehemently anti-crowd, you shouldn't even look at sites like this one. Real G mackers don't need internet sites to let them know when the waves be coming......that's what Al Roker is for. He'll let you know.

Head to Oxnard, California and look-up Zorba Cruz. He'll teach you how to scare away outsiders. You will study under him and come back ready to wax-on and wax-off. And CT scares mo easily than Vals and southers. Californians are tough. Oh, stay out of La Colonia and don't come back with a Cowboy jersey on. Cliques barrio, holmes.

Now it's lookin' like Gloucester is gonna be the go-to for Thurs... actually I wonder if this swell will be good at Winthrop, hrm. High tide @ sunrise, I think the Winthrop break doesn't work at low tide so that may be good? Or maybe I'm totally wrong about that. Gloucester seems like more of a sure thing...

3. I lived in RI for sometime.... Place isn't crowded if you are down to drive around checking a few spots. Rhode island is sick because your able to spread out into varying points, reefs, beaches. Sure there are days when the easy access places are firing and they are crowded, but drive 5 minutes and you got yourself a thin lineup. Sure there are a few secrets, most of which I found within the first few weeks of living there because of the personal advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by punkaboy View Post
    Once the beach breaks are overhead it pretty much doesn't matter how many people are out. There is plenty for everyone.

Surf the corner of Ruggles when it is double overhead on Thursday and you will have all the waves you want.
    Double overhead huh? Ruggles eh?

I saw on Diners, DriveIns and Dives last night a place in Narrangset (that's not a real place is it?) called Aunt Carrie's. They made clam fritters fried in beef tallow. And they called sauce sawz. It's the only cooking show I watch, I like to cook and it gives me lots of great ideas. Now I want a clam fritter, they called em kaks, but that wasn't a kak or a cake. Fritter.

That Stupid Guy Fucher Spikey Hair Drives a B!1ch!n Camaro Fieri, went and reviewed some of my favorite San Diego restaraunts. Nice local places with mellow vibes and the best food in town. Now you can't even get a table.

Double overhead huh? Ruggles eh? What sort of wetsuit you fellas wearing Thursday?
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Nov 26, 2013 at 04:38 PM.

im throwing on my 654 with the wind being up so much. still havent figured out how i am going to attend lunch-dinner with the prime set-up looking around mid afternoon but we'll see.

Images
    I need a new 5 mil.......this cold all of a sudden came on. Water in Jersey is like 44 F right now........Man, wasn't it August, like, a week ago. Far out, man.

Ha Gaffer, you think you got it good in San Diego. Ha, the east coast is double overhead all of the time. And Narragansett is a real place, totally. I've been there. I've seen it. Coastal Rhode Island is so quaint. I watched Hogan's Heroes in the motel, and marveled at the local cool kids. Totally cool. They'll vibe you at The Dock, too. Stunningly charming.

Ah what a life - being a local cool kid living in Narragansett. Scenic coastline and quaint New England/Cape Cod houses. A clean, safe environment, as the hooligans are kept in place in Providence and Pawtucket.

A lovely November afternoon, surfing and singing lullabies in a peaceful cove which produces clean, almost mechanical, waves. Surf til frozen, then the obligatory hot shower, followed by a cozy home-cooked meal with the family, all in the confines of a simple, quiet neighborhood. The cold North West wind whips and whistles outside....banging at the door, trying to get in, but you won't let it. Daddy stokes a fire, and the sun starts to set. You're at peace, as you smell the wood burning, and the Kasser's vodka warms your throat. You smile. You're a cool kid from Rhode Island, and all is well with the world.

Still in board shorts, Gaf. The clams, not me. 6/5/4 hooded with 7MM booties and 5MM gloves.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    I need a new 5 mil.......this cold all of a sudden came on. Water in Jersey is like 44 F right now........Man, wasn't it August, like, a week ago. Far out, man.

Ha Gaffer, you think you got it good in San Diego. Ha, the east coast is double overhead all of the time. And Narragansett is a real place, totally. I've been there. I've seen it. Coastal Rhode Island is so quaint. I watched Hogan's Heroes in the motel, and marveled at the local cool kids. Totally cool. They'll vibe you at The Dock, too. Stunningly charming.

Ah what a life - being a local cool kid living in Narragansett. Scenic coastline and quaint New England/Cape Cod houses. A clean, safe environment, as the hooligans are kept in place in Providence and Pawtucket.

A lovely November afternoon, surfing and singing lullabies in a peaceful cove which produces clean, almost mechanical, waves. Surf til frozen, then the obligatory hot shower, followed by a cozy home-cooked meal with the family, all in the confines of a simple, quiet neighborhood. The cold North West wind whips and whistles outside....banging at the door, trying to get in, but you won't let it. Daddy stokes a fire, and the sun starts to set. You're at peace, as you smell the wood burning, and the Kasser's vodka warms your throat. You smile. You're a cool kid from Rhode Island, and all is well with the world.
    I feel warm and fuzzy now.

VAS this next couple of days. I doubt anyone is putting on their suits. 3 inches of rain headed our way, mixed precip at night, high wind advisorys coming from NOAA. But we'll see. I've surfed with 20+MPH as long as its coming out of the north/NW and you are tucked away in the right spot.
    Also - Jay Peak has 5 feet of snow pre-December.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    You're giving us way too much credit if you think that many people actually read these posts...
    Not that I don't agree with you re: blowing up spots but....

this thread has been viewed close to 1000 times