LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's up, swellinfo?

Hey, I just moved to Orange County in August and I joined the forum hoping to meet some nearby people to maybe hang out and go surf with. In all honesty, I never surfed before I moved here and I'm still learning (aka I suck hardcore). I figure if I can go with some people who know what they're doing, I'll learn faster. I don't want to be "that guy" everyone dreads when they see me paddling out to the lineup, so if there are any HB, Seal Beach, Newport or other nearby break folks who don't mind taking a rookie under their wing, I would be really appreciative of the help. Besides all that, it super sucks going out to the beach alone. I mean, it's nice to get some quiet time, but having someone to talk to is cool too. Plus, if I'm lucky enough to get a peak to myself, I get tired really fast. Anyway, that's pretty much my deal; hopefully you guys (and girls? I don't know) will be cool about all this nonsense.

All you need to know is in this thread, and make sure you read the entire thing:

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...hp?20686-Hello

When you're finished, you can PM the guys who live in SoCal. There are many on here.

Images
    Anyone remember the thread ln late August/early September where the dude was camping with his girlfriend somewhere on LI and was asking if anyone wanted to join them? They had like two open spots or something.

Images
    Solitude builds character...........

You're going to be "that guy" until you aren't "that guy."

Californians are vicious people, so do not be discouraged when no one responds to this. Plus, there's like three dudes from California on here and one of them is always strung-out and dopesick. Suboxone, Meatloaf, suboxone.

Try hanging an ad in the entrance of your nearest Ralph's or better yet, in West Hollywood. say you're looking to ride with some cool dudes.

Ahhh I'm just playing around, dude. I hope you meet some people and your California dream comes true. Isolation is only for special kinds of lunatics who enjoy being tortured by their own thoughts and observations.

Anyways, you might want to try another site as this site is dominated by dudes from Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina and North Jersey. And you do Not want to meet people from North Jersey. YUCK. Oh God, so gross.....OMG, all they have is landfills and Superfund toxic sites and loud mouthed Italian women. Oh man I'm going to get sick just thinking aboot it.

Just remember, stay out of Mailbu kook.

Images
    Yeah, there are but like a couple guys from CA and they all live down in San Diego. I am now back on the east coast. There is basically NO activity on this site from the west coast guys. They are too busy surfing every day. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_K View Post
    Hey, I just moved to Orange County in August and I joined the forum hoping to meet some nearby people to maybe hang out and go surf with. In all honesty, I never surfed before I moved here and I'm still learning (aka I suck hardcore). I figure if I can go with some people who know what they're doing, I'll learn faster. I don't want to be "that guy" everyone dreads when they see me paddling out to the lineup, so if there are any HB, Seal Beach, Newport or other nearby break folks who don't mind taking a rookie under their wing, I would be really appreciative of the help. Besides all that, it super sucks going out to the beach alone. I mean, it's nice to get some quiet time, but having someone to talk to is cool too. Plus, if I'm lucky enough to get a peak to myself, I get tired really fast. Anyway, that's pretty much my deal; hopefully you guys (and girls? I don't know) will be cool about all this nonsense.
    See, this OP is so fake it's not even worth saying much, except if you're as lonely as you indicate in your post, there's a guy living with a flotilla of latex dummies (really) in a barn in Maine who may be interested in coming out to SAN & hanging with you.

And, spicoli is correct: the only Platinum Plus thread, ever, on SI Forum is the "Hello!" thread. Not only did it inspire the absolute worst from the SI crew (which means the best) it essentially wore out the brain pans of the entire SI Forum for two months. And, I think it sent a gnome in an orange pantsuits into a terminal tailspin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_K View Post
    See, this OP is so fake it's not even worth saying much, except if you're as lonely as you indicate in your post, there's a guy living with a flotilla of latex dummies (really) in a barn in Maine who may be interested in coming out to SAN & hanging with you.

And, spicoli is correct: the only Platinum Plus thread, ever, on SI Forum is the "Hello!" thread. Not only did it inspire the absolute worst from the SI crew (which means the best) it essentially wore out the brain pans of the entire SI Forum for two months. And, I think it sent a gnome in an orange pantsuits into a terminal tailspin.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Anyone remember the thread ln late August/early September where the dude was camping with his girlfriend somewhere on LI and was asking if anyone wanted to join them? They had like two open spots or something.
    This is good, Seen, this is good.....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Ahh f I would have shown up with my latex doll and camped with them