LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hey good luck in oc from the right Oc

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_K View Post
    Hey, I just moved to Orange County in August and I joined the forum hoping to meet some nearby people to maybe hang out and go surf with. In all honesty, I never surfed before I moved here and I'm still learning (aka I suck hardcore). I figure if I can go with some people who know what they're doing, I'll learn faster. I don't want to be "that guy" everyone dreads when they see me paddling out to the lineup, so if there are any HB, Seal Beach, Newport or other nearby break folks who don't mind taking a rookie under their wing, I would be really appreciative of the help. Besides all that, it super sucks going out to the beach alone. I mean, it's nice to get some quiet time, but having someone to talk to is cool too. Plus, if I'm lucky enough to get a peak to myself, I get tired really fast. Anyway, that's pretty much my deal; hopefully you guys (and girls? I don't know) will be cool about all this nonsense.
    Hang in there , you will find it !! dont give up , Hope you find some one to show you around, besides , that way when i plan on my next left coast trip maybe you can let me crash at your place and show me some "secrete" spots !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfmdoc View Post
    Hang in there , you will find it !! dont give up , Hope you find some one to show you around, besides , that way when i plan on my next left coast trip maybe you can let me crash at your place and show me some "secrete" spots !
    You mean spots where there are secretions, aka contrails??

Have you tried using a banner? You can get your message out and look super kewl doing it.

I didn't come to the forum with the intention to start fights, but I guess I just didn't do enough thread searching before joining. In any case, no harm no foul do most of you, to the rest, you can keep your forum. Later, bros.

I didn't come to the forum with the intention to start fights, but I guess I just didn't do enough thread searching before joining. In any case, no harm no foul do most of you, to the rest, you can keep your forum. Later, bros.
    Well then:
    Later_*****.jpg

Images
    Whoa, 3rd post = goodbye post? Give us a chance Jason_K.

Don't let the hate come through the screen.

I wish you luck, man..there has to be some cool people out there, but you have to also realize that there are already way too many people surfing out there, so most people aren't going to be excited about having another person out there...but f$ck it...to for it.

I would suggest researching the coast, finding a nice beach break around your area that is geared toward beginner and start there, though...

No forum will ever be "our forum", Jason_K.

Hey, I just moved to Orange County in August and I joined the forum hoping to meet some nearby people to maybe hang out and go surf with. In all honesty, I never surfed before I moved here and I'm still learning (aka I suck hardcore). <snip>
    Orange County is a huge place but also extremely crowded. Stay away from the "expert" sites that also tend to habitated by localized populations, such as Huntington Beach pier, many of the Newport Beach breaks, Salt Creek, Trestles, etc. Try some of the non-hotshot spots like HB Cliffs, Bolsa Chica and paddle out where some other beginner riders are learning -- you're more likely to meet somebody under those conditions. Just do it.