LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

How to get out of a tight wetsuit without wrecking it?!?

HEY ya'll. anyone have like a specific way to easily take on and off thier chest zip without ruining it? my last wetsuit was a hyperflex 5-4 and didnt even last a year, partly because i am like a wild baboon trying to get the thing off. any tips?

Images
    this trick is more for putting on your suit:
    Place plastic grocery bags around your feet and the suit will slip right on super easy.
    You can do the same with your hands if you want.

The only trick I figured out for getting the suit off, is jumping into the shower with it just to allow my body to warm up which will make it easier to use your hands and stuff.

But, your right, when its hard to get out of your suit, you tend to stretch and pull the rubber, which makes it conducive for ripping.

The best trick ive found is to keep a ziplock bag of petroleum jellie and two socks. You have to keep replacing the PJ but `swellinfo` is right, its all about putting it on.

Start by lathering up socks with the jelly then put them on. Its going to be a little but uncomfortable but its worth it. As put your suit on the socks will glide on the interior of the wetsuit providing a slick surface for removal later. When you have the bottom half on put some PJ on your shoulders and continue to put on the rest of the wetsuit.

When its time to come out of the water you will be surprised how little effort it takes to take off your wetsuit.

maybe your mommy can help you take your suit off

Go in the shower and practice. Put it on, take it off. Put it on, take it off. Do that until it doesn't aggravate you to do either and by then you'll probably be pretty good at it. Just like you do with anything to see how it works, you take it apart and put it back together.

The wettys I have are like body paint since I don't see the reasoning in wearing a water balloon. Those things are straight up BT (bootie tight for yous that don't abbreviate) and I've yet to have difficulty with it. Maybe because the first 30 times I put a suit on and took it off it was a 6/5 and I had to get better at it if I didn't want to wear a wetty for eternity that first day. Just practice it, brah.

Images
    Take valium to calm yourself down......

Get a back zip suit.

Easy there big fellow you want to be gentle and delicate. Ease in slowly and ease out slowly. Don't just go banging in there haphazardly.

Wow, you guys, like, have a whole ritual for getting into the steamer, huh?

When is one of you cats going to write the manual on all that is wetsuits? When? The public is in dire needs.

Pole vaulter!!! I'm a track coach and if you can pole vault, getting out of a wetsuit should be easier than straight poling 8 feet! Unless you don't have a shower available. That's not a jab. If you are driving any distance to and from your break and you are peeling rubber off in an ice cold parking lot, it sucks to be you. What I can say is your wet suit will stretch and get more flexible as it ages. Then it's time for a new one!

Images
    Peeling rubber off in the cold is a mandatory part of surfing up around here. Yeah, you get cold, but the warm-up is divine. Put the car heater down on your feet.........It's almost opiate-blissful.

Seems as some of y'all are bypassing some of the rituals...........

The post-session shower is much better without having to peel of the 5 mil. It detracts from the experience. You want to hit that shower unincumbered.

Where's studly Lee with some info??? He's got the technique down pat. You just have to find a Jr. Market and an ice machine first.

GUYS!!! Stop sharing your secrets!!! Soon everyone is going to be taking their wetsuits off the same way!!! AAAHH!!!