LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Pushed Into The Banzai Pipeline

    I`ve been riding my wavejet for the past year, so by now I`ve gotten pretty good. This Christmas Ill be bringing my family out to Hawaii for a little R & R and figured I would give the pipeline a go. My biggest fear is #1 not having my wavejet #2 not being able to paddle into the wave with out it. The waves on youtube look a lot prettier and calm then the waves out here on the east coast. We have choppier angrier waves that are much much smaller and harder to ride.


    Are there are any local services that provide a push in to these waves like I do my son? Any help would be appreciated, we wont be back until next year so I want to make sure I plan this out right.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    176
    I think there is a group of guys called the wolfpack that will make sure you get what you came for. Look them up. Im sure they will be happy to help you out. Good luck.

  3. #3
    i think the only way it will be manageable would be to purchase the 11'6" HotKarl with a WaveJet propulsion pack installed along the bottom contour.

    I heard EMass started up a business paddling people out, but i think he'll be in SoCal/NoCal that time of the year.

    Best of luck!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    i think the only way it will be manageable would be to purchase the 11'6" HotKarl with a WaveJet propulsion pack installed along the bottom contour.

    I heard EMass started up a business paddling people out, but i think he'll be in SoCal/NoCal that time of the year.

    Best of luck!
    Yeh breh!! I'm like the dude paddling the raft in the River of Styx. You just gotta give me the coins on your eyelids and I'll bring yous guys out the back. I'll be in SoCal/NorCal just before La Navidad but back in the EMass 8-10' (actually is this week) shortly after that!!!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Yeh breh!! I'm like the dude paddling the raft in the River of Styx. You just gotta give me the coins on your eyelids and I'll bring yous guys out the back. I'll be in SoCal/NorCal just before La Navidad but back in the EMass 8-10' (actually is this week) shortly after that!!!
    awesome! any chance you'll be available for a tow out tomorrow here in DE?...i already have the coins taped to my lids.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    awesome! any chance you'll be available for a tow out tomorrow here in DE?...i already have the coins taped to my lids.
    Aww shucks, if there are remnants left on Friday I think I can scoot down there. Forget the coins, I'll do it for a white rash guard!!! I need me a good fightin' shirt.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Aww shucks, if there are remnants left on Friday I think I can scoot down there. Forget the coins, I'll do it for a white rash guard!!! I need me a good fightin' shirt.
    you got it, signor!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    624
    Oh sure, all the locals will be psyched to help you out. Just tell them you've never surfed there before and need a bit of help. They're very hospitable. Oh, and make sure you tell them you own a wavejet...that goes a long way too.

    If you're nervous about breaking the ice, just walk up to a local and tell them volcanoes are gay. Make sure you're really sunburned when you do this.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Oh sure, all the locals will be psyched to help you out. Just tell them you've never surfed there before and need a bit of help. They're very hospitable. Oh, and make sure you tell them you own a wavejet...that goes a long way too.

    If you're nervous about breaking the ice, just walk up to a local and tell them volcanoes are gay. Make sure you're really sunburned when you do this.
    Why wouldnt they. Your sarcasm is apparent im just looking for some help bra.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    624
    Ok, my B. Sorry bout that. I'd recommend just grabbing a quick lesson. Is there a Pipeline Surf School? Good place for beginners to give it a shot.