LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: The Feast

The Feast

Last edited by Ryan7; Nov 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM.

Images
    Nice. I like the color of the lip with the morning winter sun shining through.

Cool videos man, but I always get excited when I see the picture only to find out it's a gopro video. If that's your thing more power to you. I just wish I would stop getting so excited only to find a video of a guy shaking his booty

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    Cool videos man, but I always get excited when I see the picture only to find out it's a gopro video. If that's your thing more power to you. I just wish I would stop getting so excited only to find a video of a guy shaking his booty
    agreed. @Ryan: no matter how good the surf is, the GoPro selfie just gets tedious very quickly - get over yourself and try a different camera angle. i couldn't make to the end of the video but Happy Thanksgiving to the guy you dropped in on.

seem a nice guy,something i'll never be accused of,but I didn't understand your rant the other day.gopro+longboard+totally snake the shortboarder =?

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    agreed. @Ryan: no matter how good the surf is, the GoPro selfie just gets tedious very quickly - get over yourself and try a different camera angle. i couldn't make to the end of the video but Happy Thanksgiving to the guy you dropped in on.
    I apologized to that guy, who said no worries, and he stated the wave face was so large enough to begin with, still no excuse for me though. Looking back at the video, I got into and on my feet first. But yeah, had I known he was on it or going, I wouldn't have gone. I am pretty aware of myself that I am riding a longboard with some paddle advantage out there getting into them. As soon as I realized he was there, I got off the wave, which was about half way to completion. Could I have not thrown that wave in the video, sure. But it happened, and he was more than cool about it.

I am over myself btw. I got different camera angles in the video, filming on the beach. I'd rather be riding than filming on the beach. I wouldn't use a GoPro on anything other than a longboard. I rather be looking back at the wave than looking up only at the person. Yes it does get tedious, and I do agree with you. I would even go as far to take it that I get tired looking at me. But I make these for fun, to try to capture and document some of the swell and the storms that dish them, and you don't have to watch. But please, by all means, feel free to comment, I enjoy the feedback and critiquing of a "surfing video," and whether I'm over myself. I'll make my videos longer to make your experience more enjoyable! Now where's my 6'6 sans GoPro?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Ryan

No need to apologize Ryan. I for one loved watching your video clip. Yeah,maybe you dropped in on the guy, but, haven't all of us made mistakes at some point?

Images
    you obviously have some video editing skills, holmes, and there were some great wide angle shots from the beach with some epic rides. but if you're gonna strap on the GoPro and take us out there with you, let's see what you see. turn the camera around once in a while.

btw, there one more piece of pumpkin pie in the fridge. i saved it for you.