LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Delaware is h e a v y

SO, I had a relatively new (6 weeks) firewire spitfire. Broke it in half in Delaware last Wednesday. Big, thick, and overly crowded. I picked up a new firewire yesterday. thats a lot of money on surfboards in 6 weeks. either way, Delaware can and will hand a surfer their rear end on a platter stuffed with sand. uggh.

I see why everyone here lays down on the foam things. Just moved here from NC so it is way different.

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    SO, I had a relatively new (6 weeks) firewire spitfire. Broke it in half in Delaware last Wednesday. Big, thick, and overly crowded. I picked up a new firewire yesterday. thats a lot of money on surfboards in 6 weeks. either way, Delaware can and will hand a surfer their rear end on a platter stuffed with sand. uggh.

I see why everyone here lays down on the foam things. Just moved here from NC so it is way different.
    Hold up now, I don't lay down on those foam things, but that's how I started, so I guess you got a point.

Images
    If you think it's heavy down there- you should take a trip up to belmar,nj

Maybe you should stop buying popouts. Boom out of Dewey makes insane boards that rarely break... Plus he's local.
    Last edited by Ootaa; Nov 30, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Images
    If you think it's heavy down there- you should take a trip up to belmar,nj
    I'm originally from NJ live on Delvarva now and can say without a doubt Belmar is not heavy compared to Delaware or OCMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I'm originally from NJ live on Delvarva now and can say without a doubt Belmar is not heavy compared to Delaware or OCMD.
    Thank you, Zippy...

I hear NJShredmachine wants to snap your neck for going on with this bs... good luck.

dued Belmar f'n sucks!!iv never been to ocmd or Delmarva,but iv seen plenty of videos of some oversized doubleup slab on dry sand and it looks pretty f'n heavy.im from nj and I can say it sucks.we get good days,less than 10 good swells a year.bayhead gets pretty thick,but always supercrowded with jerseys pros,whch are about 10.10 pro surfers out of probably 200k surfers in my state.theres towns in san clemente that have more sponsored kids on 1 block than the entire northeast.

anyway anytime u surf a hollow beachbreak boards will break.doesnt matter who shaped it,what brand,cheap or expensive,they all break.i buy all used boards since 4/5 snap during winter,then buy more in spring.if u can afford 10 boards at 799$ a piece,well godamn u should be in Hawaii.most expensive board I ever bought was 350$ and it was a gift from a girl.cheapest board I bought was 25$ and I still use it to this day.has so much ductape on the thing u couldn't tell wtf it is lol.i have a six sense for getting pounded,and that's how most my sessions go down.it helps to surf without a leash so your board doesn't snap under the lip instead of flying away,but on this wicked medium south swells,a lot of waters movin around and its hard to get in without catchin a wave in,so u spend a good 10 minutes trying to get blasted to the beach,only to get recycled and take a few more 6footers on the head

people often forget that any board can & will break in the right (or wrong) circumstances. it doesn't have to be a heaving, slab-like sandbar, DOH blacks, or some other cliche. i watched a guy snap an 2 3/4" thick eps board on a mellow shoulder high day simply b/c he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. as forest gump said, "it happens".

Images
    Delaware's overly crowded? First Rhode Island and now Delaware?

North Carolina has heavy waves, too, bru. I'm not sure, but I think I've heard Dare County is, like, the heaviest thang going. That's what the media says.......

Surfboards are foam things, too. They're pieces of foam that's glassed. Long pieces of foam, that people stand on. Wow, now that's heavy.

Jersey, Dare County, OCMD, Delaware - they all get heavy. Belmar vs Delaware. The battles begins. One town against a whole state. Can Belmar withstand. I'd take Delaware, but I don't like North Jersey to begin with.......