LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    Theres a lot of jersey love in here and 1 Delaware. Last weeks swell was sick

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/early-drop_104584/
    Actually 2 from Delaware, my shot and a shot of Raven. Mine was an empty wave.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Hey guy! Guys! I hate to say it... Maybe I shouldn't and just let this keep on going- ok ... I'm not going to say anything- I don't want to ruin it...

Anyways- Just for the record- belmar nj rocks - only place around that can hold a 23ft wave plus you can go do some bench offs across the street at DJs.

If you really want to know about the best spot around- just ask Seldom- he willtell you!
    Belmar, New Jersey. Deal with it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Belmar, New Jersey. Deal with it.
    boogie humpers are banned from Belmar.

we can go sponge in Ocean City, NJ.

afterwards we can discuss my Philly roots and read my collection of Surfermags. i'll also tell you everything youse ever would want to know aboot drugs cause im a druglord and the wisest dude on SI.

you have to pick me up cause i don't drive. im close to youse in w.Connecticut.

your pal, Paddington Jetty Bear

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    i seens those pics before amazing when was that, a noreaster right?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    i seens those pics before amazing when was that, a noreaster right?
    Yup- looks like the nor'easter back in '89 in Belmar,NJ- 18th ave

7. Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    this is my favorite photo ever cuz the guy is going strait away from the barrel..soo hardcore!

PIPE's heavy, clown. NOT Delaware, it's just a shorebreak.

Quote Originally Posted by deepc285 View Post
    It's all relative man. Most of us will never surf pipe so heaviness is a subject of our/my own perception. I would venture out and say you wouldn't call someone a clown to there face based on this statement alone (Delaware being heavy).

Secondly on the topic of relativity and subjectivity- this day, in the not so heavy Delaware, snapped several people boards. I personally have not seen head high mush break a board. However, solid head plus barrels, will snap boards all day long and provide a beating.

Pipe is ridiculous no doubt but thats not a fair comparison. pipe has nothing on big teahupoo - does that make pipe not heavy now? there are also many other boxy waves like ghost trees, the box, taz. these waves don't detract from the perception of each surfer who views his wave heavy,

Respectfully, Clown

Quote Originally Posted by captblueshorts View Post
    this is my favorite photo ever cuz the guy is going strait away from the barrel..soo hardcore!
    This wave looks like he barely missed his bottom turn and is trying to escape.