LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Wow, I guess this is why it's a forum. OCMD is fun and I agree better than Delaware on most days. Delaware gets much heavier than the day I originally posted about but it was pretty chunky for its size. I never said it was an all time massive swell. I said Big. Big on the EC is anything Head Plus. Sorry if big to jerseyites is nothing less than 23'. I've never even seen a 23' wave. The buoy was only reading 9.5'. It was just heavy relative to its size. It was crowded with around 30 people including a jet ski. Obviously with this crowned factor it was overly big. IRI can still, like any spot we surf, hand you your a## when it wants to.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    I remember that photo when it originally got posted on surfingoc.com back in the day when that site was around. I was living in San Diego.... If I remember correctly, that photo is from 2008ish? But I copied that photo and showed it to all the guys I surfed with in CA... I was like, look mother fu**ers, I told you there are waves where I come from....

That conversation was sparked from me having a run-in with the local Volcom team riders at a pool hall... They literally said to me.... wait, Maryland is on the ocean? No its not, there are no waves there. I was obviously very angry at that point.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Last weekend in Belmar, NJ

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Last weekend in Belmar, NJ
    no as heavy as hhi

#hhibestsurfeastcoast

Images
    Somewhere there is a sequence of that wave and I'm pretty sure this was snapped just before he leaned over and drove up to the barrel.

Delmarva sucks. Don't even bother to check it out...never anything rideable. Go anyplace else.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sharknado View Post
    Delmarva sucks. Don't even bother to check it out...never anything rideable. Go anyplace else.
    Who is talking about Delmarva??? We are talking BELMAR here!!

Oh, Belmar!! Hell Yeah! Its the best, regional classic, definitely go to Belmar (where's Belmar?)

9. Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    SO, I had a relatively new (6 weeks) firewire spitfire. Broke it in half in Delaware last Wednesday. Big, thick, and overly crowded. I picked up a new firewire yesterday. thats a lot of money on surfboards in 6 weeks. either way, Delaware can and will hand a surfer their rear end on a platter stuffed with sand. uggh.

I see why everyone here lays down on the foam things. Just moved here from NC so it is way different.
    I'd check out Assateague Island when it gets heavy in Delaware. Waves are much easier to pick up and none of the aggressive shortboard crowd around

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sharknado View Post
    Oh, Belmar!! Hell Yeah! Its the best, regional classic, definitely go to Belmar (where's Belmar?)
    Brah!! You don't know?!? It's the best break on the east coast! They got this artificial coral reef there and the waves are always head high. It's exit 98 of the garden state parkway- if you need more directions, let me know! You'll know it when you see it!

#belmaryouwillknowitwhenyouseeit