LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yuengling Porter - Delish!!

I'm 4 deep in this 6-Pack of Yuengling Porter. I like it a lot. i know for "real" beer drinkers its probably small talk but for a lager guy, i'm impressed!

I don't care for any yuengling, sierra Nevada makes a delectable porter ,imho...

I will definitely look into that one

4. aside from its lager, yuengling brews some excellent beers. I usually pick up a variety pack that starts making its way to distributors near my Parents house in PA during the holiday season. They make a black and tan and an ale, both of which are superb.

Toured the brewery a couple years back, that is single-handedly one of the best brewery tours to go on...and that black and tan is the sh!t

i had a couple Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale's last night...good stuff...but i usually go with:

Dogfish Head 90 & 60
    Evolution #6
    or some Victory Dirt Wolf

Yuengling is decent, for macro beer. I would rather drink their beer than anything from Bud/Miller/Coors. There is a world of great porters out there. Try as many as you can. You may find more you like.

Thanks for the recommendation, I always keep a few bottles of yuengling in the fridge

Drinking a few now, one of the best for sure

I'm venturing out into some new beers lately. I've had some Heavy Seas Beer from Baltimore, MD. Amber ale called cutlass and uber pils called small craft warning. both pretty good. I live in Delaware so i guess i should check out DogFish Head

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    I'm venturing out into some new beers lately. I've had some Heavy Seas Beer from Baltimore, MD. Amber ale called cutlass and uber pils called small craft warning. both pretty good. I live in Delaware so i guess i should check out DogFish Head
    Make the trek to Rehoboth and hit the original brewpub. It is worth the experience, and they tend to have a lot of cool stuff on draft.