LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Highland's Cold Mountain Winter Ale is worth a shot.

Just discovered my new favorite IPA: Green Man from Asheville. Happy hunting.

Images
    My favorite porter, I'm not much of a beer drinker(or drinker at all really), but I love this stuff....

Leinenkugel-Snow-Drift-Vanilla-Porter.jpg

If I'm drinking dark beer than I'm going hard. Russian Imperial stouts or gtfo.

Yuengling? Tolerable AT BEST.

In my opinion, they have terrible quality control. Sometimes it's decent, sometimes it's got that sharp skunky stank, right off the bat. Granted, this can be attributed to temperatures and taps at distributors and bars, at times. But not all the time.

In the pantheon of supermarket brews, based on the TPD scale (taste-per-dollar spent), Yuengling sits above Narragansett and Strohs, but below Bud. I want to say that Yuengling is on par with Busch, but Busch tastes better.

The horrors of Annheuser-Inbev may make Yuengling an appealing moral choice, but impart flavor they do not.
    Last edited by Slashdog; Dec 2, 2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Ancient Aliens

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Yuengling? Tolerable AT BEST.

In my opinion, they have terrible quality control. Sometimes it's decent, sometimes it's got that sharp skunky stank, right off the bat. Granted, this can be attributed to temperatures and taps at distributors and bars, at times. But not all the time.

In the pantheon of supermarket brews, based on the TPD scale (taste-per-dollar spent), Yuengling sits above Narragansett and Strohs, but below Bud. I want to say that Yuengling is on par with Busch, but Busch tastes better.

The horrors of Annheuser-Inbev may make Yuengling an appealing moral choice, but impart flavor they do not.
    Skunk flavor is a result of light exposure. Some of the chemicals from the hops react and throw off undesirable flavors. I would question the store if you get any skunked beer. I have never had skunked yuengling, but I only ever drink it on draft when there are no craft options.

Mmm porter. My favorite is Anchor, but on a budget the Yeungling version's not bad at all (tho i also have a soft spot for decent cheap beer). Stone Smoked Porter and Founders are good. Sammy Smith's and St. Peter's are classics worth trying. Never had the Sierra Nevada but now i want to go find it.

Pawtucket Patriot is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    Pawtucket Patriot is pretty good.
    if you buy it hot chicks will have sex in your backyard.

Images
    Sierra Nevada's a good company to support...while all the major beer companies lobbied against cannabis legalization(in California I believe), Sierra Nevada remained neutral.