LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 149
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    is the real question: do you believe the ETs are hanging on Earth?
    I don't know, but from what we know (or think we know) it is highly unlikely. There is still no proof that anything can travel faster than the speed of light. That mean any civilization that would be venturing to our little section of the Milky Way, would have been traveling for hundreds of years in space. It is not impossible, as humans are just starting to touch on things like Alcubierre drives. I honestly hope I am wrong on this, and that visitation to our planet has happened. That would really give a new level of hope to space propulsion engineering.

  2. #42
    Not going to argue with you Rcarter.. re-read my posts. If you want to talk like a big boy don't turn into personal attacks. If you are so college educated you would understand what it is I am writing.

  3. #43
    The kangaroo poop was a silly way of explaining my point which is clearly over your head..

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    It is ignorant to assume that the chemicals and elements that make up life on our planet, didn't come together in a similar way on another planet. Especially considering the fact that we already know how common these elements are in the known universe. I don't think extraterrestrial life has visited our planet (well, maybe bacterial or microbial life), but I am pretty sure life exists elsewhere in the universe.
    Totally agree you said it better then I did. It's ignorant to think we are the only ones.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Have any of you heard of bob lazar? Alleged Area 51 scientist.. The guy spilled the beans on anti gravity propulsion and his reverse engineering of alien craft. Conspiracy or cover up?
    That would all be awesome if it turned out to be true. My question is why aren't we using this reverse engineered technology. Control of gravity in a spaceship would be a game change. You would expect NASA to come out and say "we" invested this new great thing.

  6. #46
    Some say that the universe must be filled with intelligent life.. from my calculations here on earth it is filled with ignorance and stupidity.

    But yes I do believe there is life out there.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    I have no doubt that intelligent extraterrestrial life forms exist, did exist, or are evolving as I type this. There have probably been millions of advanced civilizations on millions of planets that have been wiped out by solar flares super novas, etc. The problem is the universe is so vast that the odds of us and another similar species evolving at the same rate at the same time and being able to communicate has to be part of this equation.
    Yep. This is the biggest issue. Billions of planets out there, but all are so far apart that even communication at the speed of light becomes an issue.

  8. #48
    There are two schools of thought to consider.
    1. There are infinite worlds and therefore the possibility of other life ( intelligent and social) is too high a probability to ignore.
    2. The variables that need to come together to form a thinking and aware creature are of such rarity that it approaches infinite odds of it happening at all.

    Then I look around at our world and especially some of the politicians that have been elected and then reelected and I have to conclude that half of the 'human' population is not really human at all... THEY LIVE!

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Your Mom's Vag
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    There is no waste in space man. Space is the place. Your rationality is flawed.. statisticly we know 1 out of the many planets out there has life on it.

    Thats like saying in 1 mile of land you saw 3 kangaroos therefore planet earth must statistically be covered in kangaroo poo.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Not going to argue with you Rcarter.. re-read my posts. If you want to talk like a big boy don't turn into personal attacks. If you are so college educated you would understand what it is I am writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    The kangaroo poop was a silly way of explaining my point which is clearly over your head..
    I have read all of your posts on this thread. You turned this into a personal attack by stating my rational was wrong then using a stupid way of trying to prove that with the kangaroo poop comaprison, and coming at just me when multiple others including Mr. Swellinfo used the same logic to say the same thing. In addtion your point is flawed in that you said statistically we know of only one planet with life. This is false, FACTUALLY we know of only one planet with life, STATISTICALLY we believe there are thousands if not millions that could harbor life. You then further state you do think there is life out there but apprently you take issue with my using the most widley accepted and rational reasoning for thnking this as proof? If you do not find the Drake Equation or statistical eveidence as reason to believe then what may I ask do you use as the basis for thinking there is life out there? Is it just because perhaps you once saw a TV show on the subject and liked Giorgio's hair or becasue your firends think it to be true? Since you have admitted that you do believe like I do that there is ET life in the universe I will no longer argue with you on the point but I do think you should stop posting while drunk/high so you can keep your thoughts straight or at the very least state your beliefs correctly and up front without having to make numerous posts to find out you agree with the OP just as I did.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    740
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I don't know, but from what we know (or think we know) it is highly unlikely. There is still no proof that anything can travel faster than the speed of light. That mean any civilization that would be venturing to our little section of the Milky Way, would have been traveling for hundreds of years in space. It is not impossible, as humans are just starting to touch on things like Alcubierre drives. I honestly hope I am wrong on this, and that visitation to our planet has happened. That would really give a new level of hope to space propulsion engineering.

    But brew master they can travel faster than light. According to anti gravity theory they don't actually travel at all but rather bring other areas of space to the craft by 'bending' time space with gravity. I'll keep saying it READ UP ON BOB LAZAR!! His words will blow you away. Just google or YouTube bob lazar Area 51.
    Conspiracy or cover up ? Either way it's cool