LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States

CB-- 1/2 mile of beach and 3 great sandbars all to myself all day

That's why I'm thankful for Sunday football and ACC basketball. My spot in CB was pretty much going off (much more swell in water than was predicted--no wind) just before dark last night with ZERO people in the lineup to share some great waves with.

Does anyone else notice a decrease in "fair weather surfers/kooks" at their breaks when a "big game " is on?

no complaints here mind you. That was my kinda Sunday.

Wish I had pics to share.

Good on you BBG! I left CB Sunday morning in the rain. It looked like it could clear up, but I was tired from fighting wind and current, Wednesday through Saturday. Got some fun rides Friday Only one other surfer out. Wednesday was a humbling experience...

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Wednesday was a humbling experience...
    ha! that is an understatement my friend...Wednesday...whewee! I got my a$$ nailed on the first wave of the day. The bruises are just now starting to clear up.

CBSCREWBY-- a heads up---the folks over at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Surf-...ne/98700408408 just posted a bunch of pics from Wednesday

Wednesday turned into some all-time CB. My sinuses must have drained a gallon in the hours after my 3.5 hour session. And yeah, it was breaking in less than waist deep water at low tide where I was--the barrels were wider than they were tall for about an hour.

Not unusual to get empty peaks at CB this time of year. If it wasn't cloudy and dank I imagine there would have been few more out...

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Wednesday turned into some all-time CB. My sinuses must have drained a gallon in the hours after my 3.5 hour session. And yeah, it was breaking in less than waist deep water at low tide where I was--the barrels were wider than they were tall for about an hour.
    Yessir I saw those gaping barrels . But I didn't dare paddle out in low tide. I tried to catch the incoming around noon, I think it was, and it was still waay to shallow/steep for my post-flu ridden body/lungs/muscles to cope with. Real steep drops require ALL of your senses and faculties to be on point. Especially on a 9'2"!

I took some decent pics in the AM. A surfer who is much better and much wiser than me told me to wait until the tide filled in before I attempted surfing. There were some great surfers out. I was glad I got into the line up and didn't get in anybody's way. The second time I ate it big I decided to ride the foam in and got rolled up the beach like a dead fish. I got a, "Way to be out there chargin'," from one of the best CB surfers, so I got that going for me. lol. I'm such a kook...

BBG you say you had 3 sandbars for yourself.....why am I picturing a dog with like 50 tennis balls, he can still only play with one at a time (3 if he is talented)

ha...yea I was kinda in salty dog heaven . it was one of those setups where in all actuality it was prob just one big sandbar that had been chopped up by the last swell...3 perfect lil rips marked where the boundaries of the intact bars were still working. I'd position myself right in the middle of that and paddle right or left to take advantage of the "edge of the rip effect" i see 'round here alot. some rides got me from the left sandbar all the way over to the right sandbar. I'd paddle back out and then just try and catch a left back across to the other bar...the set up was super fun. I was totally Bar Hoppin!