LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Images
    Lot of ppl saying to go to school - all your surfing brahs- I would take it seriously hearing it from them. Checkout a tech school- it's not as much boring study and it's easy. Checkout devry- it's a tech school but you get a university degree!! Plus it's close to many surf areas- and you can surf as much as you want. They have afternoon classes - you can surf all morning

College is not worth it unless you get a very specialized degree. That horse-sh!t about earning potential doesn't apply anymore. Best bet is to learn a trade if you are so inclined since skilled trades people are going to be be the big money makers in the future.

Learn a trade or go to college for something specific. Get off your ass that's part of growing up

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    College is not worth it unless you get a very specialized degree. That horse-sh!t about earning potential doesn't apply anymore. Best bet is to learn a trade if you are so inclined since skilled trades people are going to be be the big money makers in the future.
    Yeah, I tell my wife this all the time. She always feels stupid because she never went to college. I just tell her that the real idiots are the people that blow $50k+ just to get a worthless bachelors in communication or psychology. Tech schools are much more useful for most people. Just make sure you know what you want to to for a living before starting school. I made that mistake and wasted a year of my college life.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Go to a tech school and get skills to make money immediately. There's no shame being a debt free plumber. Don't waste your money on a liberal arts degree or go into communications while planning on getting an MBA and hoping something will work out. You'll end up in a lot of debt.

This is one of the worst times in history to join the military. Constant budget cuts, sequestrations, BRACs are happening. Def don't join the army, they're being hit the hardest.

Learn a trade.

I second the above. If you have an ounce of hardworking bone in your body, you will make a decent $ and live somewhat comfortably. Where does the OP live at? The Apprentice School in Hampton Roads is a good example of a tech school.

Unless you are business savvy, dropping out of school will lead to a tougher life. Go back to school dude. I have too many friends that dropped out and struggle year after year wandering what if...

If you are going to try a tech school I highly reccomend going to get your Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license. Working on airplanes is much cooler, cleaner, higher paying and you will be recruited after 2 years of school. Amoung others, good schools can be found in Teterboro, NJ and Daytona Beach, FL (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Univ).

You will need to drop the drugs or you could lose your job after all the schooling...

Good luck!

If only I had a time machine...

Do what you love, the money will come! Don't waste your time trying to go to school to get a job you will be sick of in a year. It maybe a high paying job but then that's all you end up doing in life. No time for family, surfing, doing the things you love because you are too busy with the career.

So buy a bad of the finest xmas trees, roll a nice big honker up, go down to the beach and burn the whole damn thing! Then sit there and think of all the avenues of surfing in which you can make money. Doesn't have to be a lot of money, just something that you are going to absolutely love and be able to survive on to begin with. Think outside the box.... that's what the trees are for!

Good luck!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    If only I had a time machine...

Do what you love, the money will come! Don't waste your time trying to go to school to get a job you will be sick of in a year. It maybe a high paying job but then that's all you end up doing in life. No time for family, surfing, doing the things you love because you are too busy with the career.

So buy a bad of the finest xmas trees, roll a nice big honker up, go down to the beach and burn the whole damn thing! Then sit there and think of all the avenues of surfing in which you can make money. Doesn't have to be a lot of money, just something that you are going to absolutely love and be able to survive on to begin with. Think outside the box.... that's what the trees are for!

Good luck!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-bLYBIWIv0

you can always live in a van down by the river.