LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Images
    i am not a violent person but if someone came to my spot and did that there would be a problem im normally the only person surfing but that is wrong on so many levels its so weak.

2. I was not there, therefore I enjoyed the video. Barrels are radsauce.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    why do people keep saying that they were towing? They were not. And it has nothing to do with the size of the waves... They were not doing step offs because the waves were too steep...

It is extreme douchebagery to do it in a lineup... But that's it
    I'm asking why not tow in instead? I don't understand the fundamentals of stepping off.

When you tow you whip in to the wave to generate speed... When you step off the ski goes the same speed as the wave and you step off in to the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    I'm asking why not tow in instead? I don't understand the fundamentals of stepping off.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    Quick question, not for nor against - why step offs instead of just towing in via rope?
    The guys at my break, Belmar NJ, use a rope... They come out when it's head hi or bigger but don't get in anyone's way- and are actually really friendly. If you wave at them and tell them your friends with Frosty, they will let you try! When it gets huge (23ft), it the only way to really hook into one of those bombs

#usearope
    #belmar,nj
    #saltlife

Oh the backyard buddies crew... classic. You want a good opinion? Ask critter... those of you who know, just know. Its old news... Seek and ye shall find. Plenty of other waves around...

douche bags being douche bags wonder why there are no comments on the video?
    because the douche bags delete the ones calling them douche bags

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by superbust View Post
    I think this thread is hilarious because NO ONE went to surf SS on big swells before Colin started the Backwoods Crew.

Obviously you haven't been riding there that long.

I have been riding there a long time & never once used a ski. I was out that day & it was quite a bit smaller than expected. Colin & the guys were getting out when I got out in the afternoon. It was also crowded with a whole bunch of new faces, some because of the holiday but a lot of people because of all the social media BS & trying to get a picture or a vid clip. You also have new heads showing up taking vids & photos & throwing them on FB with exact location before they get out of the parking lot. It's not a secret, but don't blow a wad throwing it on the internet or go elsewhere.
    Last edited by chuck white; Dec 17, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

Ain't no stinkin ski's in this vid. Delaware's looking thick

Images
    Hey were they smoking a bbbone at 1:46?