LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portugal?

Hybrid View

Images

Portugal?

Has anyone ever been or considered going? Does anyone know anything about the surf/surf culture or the country itself?

its super sweet, if you want some details pm me

Surfed France & Spain. Would go to Portugal in a heartbeat.

If there's a SI surf trek in the making, we could offer up The Maine Latex Barn BamBam as sacrifice to the hairy women of Europe & then we'd be assured of superb waves. (sort of a convoluted Mayan influenced thang there...)

Images
    Isn't that where they caught the 100 footer?

No. That was Deal, NJ...

Quote Originally Posted by natkitchen View Post
    Isn't that where they caught the 100 footer?

Images
    Drugs are decriminalized so it's got that going for it.

Right now they are going through some rough economic times, so be wary of crafty pick pockets. Though, just let it be known that your from New Jersey - home of the ruffian - and the local thugs should back-off.

They like drinking and eating over there.

Images
    I started to check it out on the web after the post. I was feeling too lazy for the trip to the library.

It looks like they get a lot of surf throughout the year and have a sh*t ton of nooks, crannies, and points with surf potential. It's seems similar to California climate wise, and swell wise for that matter. The water is in the 50's-60's depending on the time and location. I noticed that the 40N latitude line goes from the middle of NJ to the middle of Portugal and thought that was trippy. Pj is right about the economy, it seems pretty f*cked like ours is. I didn't check out crime styles yet, but I've heard about skillful pick pockets in Europe. I think the total population of the country was comparable to to population of NYC (I gotta check that). Portugal also has a very long history (much longer than I realized at least). Portugal looks beautiful, I wonder how the people are. They have to be more hospitable than NewJerseyites.

I'm definitely considering a surf trip there or maybe even moving there, who knows. I'm not looking for 100' waves btw, even though the freaks go there for bombs (that's big waves, ok spy-tech?).

Thanks MIS, I don't even know where to start...... north, south, central. I'm guessing you don't want to blow up anything specific (all good) so I will pm you as I dig further.

8. Surfing is actually a sport where the various surfers surfs, enjoy there life life near by the beach spots where they do surf. There they organizes parties enjoy there life in that pleasant atmosphere with full of fun.
    Its a wonderful sport with full of adventure with waves.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrichard View Post
    Surfing is actually a sport where the various surfers surfs, enjoy there life life near by the beach spots where they do surf. There they organizes parties enjoy there life in that pleasant atmosphere with full of fun.
    Its a wonderful sport with full of adventure with waves.
    I was going to say the exact same thing

Images
    ^^^^^Huh???? Portugal seems like the titties, definitely on my list.