LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question 5 fin set up/ quad with trailer fin work???

Just picked up a used Lost motivator and was considering trying a small trailer fin with the quad set-up. Anyone out there tried a trailer or nubster fin with the quad set-up?

I like my nubster because it fills the empty slot,but it is too small to do anything that I would notice.i just hated the empty box.i don't surf well enough to see that it does anything.neither would 99% of surfers.

Images
    yeah i got a 5 fin stewart s winger, at first i tried it as a 3 and quad but its really meant to have that 5 fin. the more you get on and surf with it the more you'll get used to it. it always would feel like to me that it was harder to turn at first.

I throw a nubster in in the back on my small wave board if I'm surfing it on bigger, and especially steeper, days. Definitely think it adds a bit of stability on steep drops when you've got to make a bit harder of a bottom turn

yep, my go to set up is a 5'5" with quad+nubster and i love the stability and speed with this set up

6. the 5 fins ive ridden have been set up with trailer fins in the quad spots. Loosens it up a bit. Assuming youll get more drive but it will be tight on turns as sandblaster said

Surfingwasteland, what are the dims of your leading and trailer fins then? Have you used the same trailer on the 5 fin or leave it open?

the knubster does add a slight bit of stability. I found it pretty useless on my couch potato because it doesn't have enough rocker to handle waves that need much stability. If the motivator has enough rocker to handle a steep wave, then, yeah, I'd put the knubster in on those days

Yea... the Nubster helps put a little smoothness into the transition from rail to rail on quads. Especially on the rail oriented style quads... not so much the McKee style setup.

if you believe it. if it weren't for Kelly slater's air at long beach...the thing is too small to do anything.