LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My 2 cents, foam or bubble wrap the rails, nose, and tail. Don't put anything else in the bag!. Keep it LIGHT as absolutely possible!! Handlers will be happy and not have to struggle and get pissed off. Or an expensive hard case.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowMonday View Post
    My 2 cents, foam or bubble wrap the rails, nose, and tail. Don't put anything else in the bag!. Keep it LIGHT as absolutely possible!! Handlers will be happy and not have to struggle and get pissed off. Or an expensive hard case.
    Good point, I have seen them literally drop surf bags from the top of their little carts (8ft) when loading them onto the plane... they just pulled the boards off the top and let them fall... one fell right on the trailer hitch...

#Belmar

Quote Originally Posted by BJ79 View Post
    What size board did you put in it? Would it work for my 6' fish?
    Would fit easily. I had a 6'0 shortboard, 6'6" step up, all of my clothes, 2 wetsuits, air mattress, toiletries, fins, leashes, etc. it was ridiculous how much I put in that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMonday View Post
    I wouldn't chance it. On our November trip to PR my buddy put his brand new Mini-Driver into a medium duty bag (better than a day bag, not as thick as a hard core travel bag) with pretty much this same thought. Picked the board up in baggage claim when we got to PR to find the first 7" of nose crushed like they did their best to pile drive it into something. This was with US Airways where he paid $200 EACH WAY....

Anybody know if maybe just shipping it with the local postal service would be better? Ship it to my friends house a week before i go out there just in case of any complications? any thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by BJ79 View Post
    Anybody know if maybe just shipping it with the local postal service would be better? Ship it to my friends house a week before i go out there just in case of any complications? any thoughts on that?
    Ship it Greyhound. Go to their site and they can give you a probable ETA so you can plan accordingly. Probably the cheapest way to ship and they generally treat fragile stuff like it's fragile... they actually need business.