LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurf4sure View Post
    dude didn't even go to high school!
    neither do many outrageously successful people, school is not about learning facts, its about learning to fit in and jump when bells ring like a dog
    ss4s is a hater, def banged his girlfriend
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Dec 12, 2013 at 03:41 AM.

Shoot I am sure about 50 percent of these surfers on this site would have made it to the same level if not higher if give the same opportunity.
    Thanks for the good laugh

3. Quote Originally Posted by soulsurf4sure View Post
    dude didn't even go to high school!
    I know that he was home schooled.
    go ahead, why don't you just spell out dumb for entertainment purposes.

hes so hip its too cool

Haha.. That's even more ridiculous that the last statement. You actually think most could make it to his level if they were homeschooled? Come on dude. I do not think you are stupid, but you have got to be joking!!! There's about 20 dudes that are on his level and 10 of them are not too close. That's in the WORLD. You think you get there by not going to school? Silly

Def. I agree. I know that he was home schooled. That is why I referenced born with a silver spoon in his mouth. It was handed to him on a platter. Real hard life surfing and not going to school and traveling. Shoot I am sure about 50 percent of these surfers on this site would have made it to the same level if not higher if give the same opportunity. As a professional athlete it is important to be a role model as well. I would not want the kiddies watching that.

exactly nynj

Like him or not Dane rips. He was probably stoned and drunk, having stated he was at the bar getting heckled...Then im sure he was nervous as hes standing up there talking to some of his peers while others are probably guys he looked to as a grom himself. We all get star-struck at some point or another. Not to mention a lot of it was prob inside jokes with the people he did know.

I dont get the quicksilver joke...did they release a bunch of pros or something?

Haha... Yeah. Quik fired a ton of people. From inside staff to most of their team

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Like him or not Dane rips. He was probably stoned and drunk, having stated he was at the bar getting heckled...Then im sure he was nervous as hes standing up there talking to some of his peers while others are probably guys he looked to as a grom himself. We all get star-struck at some point or another. Not to mention a lot of it was prob inside jokes with the people he did know.

I dont get the quicksilver joke...did they release a bunch of pros or something?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    You should look up his speech from a few years ago it was far more awkward than that.

I enjoyed this speech and it came off as genuine. I think he did a great job, his profession is surfer, not public speaker. I don't know.
    Me too! He did seem genuine. Its hard to get up in front of people. I just did a best man speech and it was scary.

I don't think Dane is as good a surfer as Kelly, John John, and some others at the top level of the game. I think he has some amazing free surf stuff but even as of late john john has had some of the sickest free surf stuff I've seen. I'm also dying to se mfmissing as I heard it was amazing. I think being able to constantly be at the top of the tour with all the various waves really shows to a surfers consistantcy, because let's face it they are all super talented that's never a question. People make runs all the time. But it's people like Kelly and Mick that are always in it always impressive. Although I'm not sold on Mick I don't like his style as much. But anyways always being in it leads me to believe they are better/more talented/just have something everyone else doesn't. Kelly really seems sold on john john as the future of surfing he says he's the best a lot more than I hear him talk about dane