LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    ^^i did say usually



    Probably a woman or city dwelling driver.
    It was a dude. There aint many city dwellers in WV.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,365
    Im sure there are plenty at WVU

    Entering freshman:

    "But mummy I simply must have a Jeep in order to fit in the with country folk when I go to college"

    "But Jeeps are so beneath us Chauncey"

    'I must insist mummy'

    "very well, I will talk to your father's people and arrange it. Now leave mummy alone. I have a private appointment with my trainer"
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; Dec 12, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Im sure there are plenty at WVU

    Entering freshman:

    "But mummy I simply must have a Jeep in order to fit in the with country folk when I go to college"

    "But Jeeps are so beneath us Chauncey"

    'I must insist mummy'

    "very well, I will talk to your father's people and arrange it. Now leave mummy alone. I have a private appointment with my trainer"
    The only city dwellers I met at WVU were from Jersey. That state should be used to snow. But we mountain folk know the flatlanders can't handle hills.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,365
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    The only city dwellers I met at WVU were from Jersey. That state should be used to snow. But we mountain folk know the flatlanders can't handle hills.
    So true. I grew up in the middle of PA.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    I barely even like to visit snow these days. Sure, I like snowboarding and such... but I like warm weather so much more and am much more inclined to spend my money following warmth rather than cold.

  6. #26
    ski season! love surfing and then driving up to vermont and skiing the next day. winter is the bomb!

  7. #27
    Im from Jersey and can handle mountains just fine.

    OEF.jpg

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    snow is freakin awesome. usually it's the helpless city-types who hate it. nothing better then hopping in the Jeep and driving all over the place in it. I actually floated the idea of moving to Alaska over the southern states to the wife last night.
    Snow blows, unless you're at a resort. Spent too many years in upstate NY, between Roch & Utica. People think NY has no snow, go check out the snow belt in that state. Spend a week in Watertown in February. BTW, there's a real good reason that the 10th Mountain Division trains in Fort Drum, NY, and not in Colorado, et. al.

    Four-day friggin snowstorms: go to sleep, it's snowing, wake up it's still snowing. It's 'Groundhog Day' up there in winter. And the Adirondacks are serious stuff in winter; every year, a coupla experienced hunters get turned around in the snow & wind up staggering around, slowly freezing to death. Sometimes they find 'em. Sometimes they don't.

    I'm w Brew on this one.
    Last edited by yankee; Dec 12, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Snow blows, unless you're at a resort. Spent too many years in upstate NY, between Roch & Utica. People think NY has no snow, go check out the snow belt in that state. Spend a week in Watertown in February. BTW, there's a real good reason that the 10th Mountain Division trains in Fort Drum, NY, and not in Colorado, et. al.

    Four-day friggin snowstorms: go to sleep, it's snowing, wake up it's still snowing. It's 'Groundhog Day' up there in winter. And the Adirondacks are serious stuff in winter; every year, a coupla experienced hunters get turned around in the snow & wind up staggering around, slowly freezing to death. Sometimes they find 'em. Sometimes they don't.

    I'm w Brew on this one.
    I remember the blizzard of '93 quite well. We measured 28" of snow fall in the low areas. Some snow drifts had over 4 ft of snow. It was about a week before we could get close to town. The plows couldn't make up the hill to clear our roads. Luckily, a local farmer used his tractor to dig a path for larger trucks to get down. That was real cabin fever. 6 mile walk to town, can't really leave the house, and even a couple days without power. I will take hurricanes over that any day.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Snow blows, unless you're at a resort. Spent too many years in upstate NY, between Roch & Utica. People think NY has no snow, go check out the snow belt in that state. Spend a week in Watertown in February. BTW, there's a real good reason that the 10th Mountain Division trains in Fort Drum, NY, and not in Colorado, et. al.

    Four-day friggin snowstorms: go to sleep, it's snowing, wake up it's still snowing. It's 'Groundhog Day' up there in winter. And the Adirondacks are serious stuff in winter; every year, a coupla experienced hunters get turned around in the snow & wind up staggering around, slowly freezing to death. Sometimes they find 'em. Sometimes they don't.

    I'm w Brew on this one.
    You and me both, Yank!
    My parents live between Syracuse and Watertown. 2 years ago they had 100 inches of snow BEFORE Christmas!