LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    ^^i did say usually

Probably a woman or city dwelling driver.
    It was a dude. There aint many city dwellers in WV.

Im sure there are plenty at WVU

Entering freshman:

"But mummy I simply must have a Jeep in order to fit in the with country folk when I go to college"

"But Jeeps are so beneath us Chauncey"

'I must insist mummy'

"very well, I will talk to your father's people and arrange it. Now leave mummy alone. I have a private appointment with my trainer"
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; Dec 12, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Im sure there are plenty at WVU

Entering freshman:

"But mummy I simply must have a Jeep in order to fit in the with country folk when I go to college"

"But Jeeps are so beneath us Chauncey"

'I must insist mummy'

"very well, I will talk to your father's people and arrange it. Now leave mummy alone. I have a private appointment with my trainer"
    The only city dwellers I met at WVU were from Jersey. That state should be used to snow. But we mountain folk know the flatlanders can't handle hills.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    The only city dwellers I met at WVU were from Jersey. That state should be used to snow. But we mountain folk know the flatlanders can't handle hills.
    So true. I grew up in the middle of PA.

I barely even like to visit snow these days. Sure, I like snowboarding and such... but I like warm weather so much more and am much more inclined to spend my money following warmth rather than cold.

ski season! love surfing and then driving up to vermont and skiing the next day. winter is the bomb!

Im from Jersey and can handle mountains just fine.

OEF.jpg

snow is freakin awesome. usually it's the helpless city-types who hate it. nothing better then hopping in the Jeep and driving all over the place in it. I actually floated the idea of moving to Alaska over the southern states to the wife last night.
    Snow blows, unless you're at a resort. Spent too many years in upstate NY, between Roch & Utica. People think NY has no snow, go check out the snow belt in that state. Spend a week in Watertown in February. BTW, there's a real good reason that the 10th Mountain Division trains in Fort Drum, NY, and not in Colorado, et. al.

Four-day friggin snowstorms: go to sleep, it's snowing, wake up it's still snowing. It's 'Groundhog Day' up there in winter. And the Adirondacks are serious stuff in winter; every year, a coupla experienced hunters get turned around in the snow & wind up staggering around, slowly freezing to death. Sometimes they find 'em. Sometimes they don't.

I'm w Brew on this one.
    Last edited by yankee; Dec 12, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Snow blows, unless you're at a resort. Spent too many years in upstate NY, between Roch & Utica. People think NY has no snow, go check out the snow belt in that state. Spend a week in Watertown in February. BTW, there's a real good reason that the 10th Mountain Division trains in Fort Drum, NY, and not in Colorado, et. al.

Four-day friggin snowstorms: go to sleep, it's snowing, wake up it's still snowing. It's 'Groundhog Day' up there in winter. And the Adirondacks are serious stuff in winter; every year, a coupla experienced hunters get turned around in the snow & wind up staggering around, slowly freezing to death. Sometimes they find 'em. Sometimes they don't.

I'm w Brew on this one.
    I remember the blizzard of '93 quite well. We measured 28" of snow fall in the low areas. Some snow drifts had over 4 ft of snow. It was about a week before we could get close to town. The plows couldn't make up the hill to clear our roads. Luckily, a local farmer used his tractor to dig a path for larger trucks to get down. That was real cabin fever. 6 mile walk to town, can't really leave the house, and even a couple days without power. I will take hurricanes over that any day.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

I'm w Brew on this one.
    You and me both, Yank!
    My parents live between Syracuse and Watertown. 2 years ago they had 100 inches of snow BEFORE Christmas!