LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    I agree that having a bunch of snow on a relatively flat area would get old pretty quick and it sucks that you guys in the northeast seem ruined by never really getting to experience the epic side of snow. Fact is, snowboarding in deep powder on a steep mtn is one of the greatest feelings on earth. Sex, surfing, snowboarding and good food (in that order) are the best things in life. Launching off a 20 foot cliff into 4 ft of powder is something we look forward to all year; something worth living for...like that trip to the tropics with perfect head high barrels.
    I've done a lot of skiing over the years. Agreed, it's fun although I don't feel quite as passionately about the cold powder as you do, but sounds like you love that element which is cool.

Living / working in heavy snow & bitter cold on a daily basis are a long way from playing in it; the former being anathema to me. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Sorry, but the best brand to tackle adverse conditions is Toyota and the best vehicles are pre-1998 Land Cruisers. Now, if they could only find a way to include their 4-d4 intercooled turbo diesel v8 with the associated locking differentials AND transfer case in the US market even the new Cruisers would be the baddest 4x4's around.....

That said, it doesn't matter what vehicle it is if there is a moron behind the wheel.
    I have to agree with ya on the Yotas. I had a Highlander in winter 2006/2007, while I was out doing cold weather testing in the Colorado Rockies. I had that thing in some nasty stuff around J-town, and it just pushed through. I actually got pissed off at it, because every time I tried to play, the car would correct itself.
    I do have to say, my STI can get through any snow/slush/ice that isn't higher than the bumper. Manually locking center diff, limited slip in the front and rear, along with 300+ hp make it a nice winter toy. Unfortunately, it sits so low to the ground that I can't get through the deep powder.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I have to agree with ya on the Yotas. I had a Highlander in winter 2006/2007, while I was out doing cold weather testing in the Colorado Rockies. I had that thing in some nasty stuff around J-town, and it just pushed through. I actually got pissed off at it, because every time I tried to play, the car would correct itself.
    I do have to say, my STI can get through any snow/slush/ice that isn't higher than the bumper. Manually locking center diff, limited slip in the front and rear, along with 300+ hp make it a nice winter toy. Unfortunately, it sits so low to the ground that I can't get through the deep powder.
    Carbon fiber and kevlar snow plow attachment that also adds downforce above 40mph time?

My wife drives a Highlander, I keep telling her it will be fine on the beach but she'd rather have the sand deposited in the Land Cruiser... says it goes better with the interior.

Yank: It was late and I forgot about the FJ Cruiser! I still wish 'Yota would deem the American market worthy of their lockers. Australia and the Middle East get all the fun stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post

Yank: It was late and I forgot about the FJ Cruiser! I still wish 'Yota would deem the American market worthy of their lockers. Australia and the Middle East get all the fun stuff....
    Totally hear ya, ER.