LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

if you drive in Wilmington NC, you will die

...or at the very least, get clipped by some fool running a red light:

2. and to think people die because of this ****.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    That is one tragic intersection. I almost got sideswiped there back in 2009 when I first landed in Wilmy... it gets real bad when the local hoodlums go running from the cops up and down 17th. I lived up by Carolina Place (Market and 17th) and heard wrecks/tire screeches often..

I saw the first one in the vid happen. The person who ran the light passed me at the previous intersection going about 55 (in a 35, there is a sharp turn just before the Wooster/17th intersection).... was a college-aged girl with her phone in her left hand on the steering wheel.

Images
    God almighty I hate people.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I saw the first one in the vid happen. The person who ran the light passed me at the previous intersection going about 55 (in a 35, there is a sharp turn just before the Wooster/17th intersection).... was a college-aged girl with her phone in her left hand on the steering wheel.
    F^ck me. it would've taken all my strength to not get out of the car and *****slap her with her own cell phone

Quote Originally Posted by babybabygrand View Post
    F^ck me. it would've taken all my strength to not get out of the car and *****slap her with her own cell phone
    I was on my way to Bayside Electric to pick some stuff up, so I was taking that turn-off at the curve. A few other people pulled over to help out right after it happened so I thought it best to not get an assault charge.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    no kidding. i spend a lot of my day driving thru Wilmington and i wanna scream at all the people i see texting and driving. usually young college types but not always. i think if you get into an accident in wilmington, you should be required to produce your phone and if it shows you were on it at the time of the accident, they should treat it like a DUI and throw the book at you.

for out-of-towners, Wilmington is also one big speed trap. exceed the posted speed limit by more than 5 mph at your own peril.

cops: "hang up and drive"

yet i hardly ever pass a cop that's not on their cell phone. plus they have that 30" monitor chillin right next to them.

possibly the biggest double standard known to man. cops and nosey southern ***** wives. they've got nothing else to do!