LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stretch baggies

Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    Call me dumb, but why the H are we calling board shorts, baggies?
    old skool phrasing...

the stretchy ones are nice, but i've found that as long as they don't cover my kneecap, it's all good. 19" is my personal favorite length for trunks. long enough to keep everything covered & where it should be, not so long that people mistake me for a wannabe thug.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    The stretch baggies are the best thing since sliced bread!!! More important than number of fins, fin selection or wax brand, astrodek placement or even how many beers/blunts imbibed before/after surf. I'm an old surfer, and that split second getting to your feet gained by having stretchies (I prefer Volcom) is like years added to your surf life. It really matters on a shortboard in good surf, when you have to make a fast drop. It really sucks getting bound up in the knees and lip launched wearing the old non stretch baggies, and my junk is too big for 70s style short shorts. Just sayin'.
    Can we please stop talking about how trunks inhibit your surfing. Try a 5/4 with booties as thick as my computer screen. Trunks inhibiting your surf....geez!

I have found the lycra compression shorts to be a huge benefit in the wetsuit, the ones I wear are around .25 mm or something like that.

My uber-scientific findings:
    -Warmer where it counts
    -No more ball-suck
    -No more Big Al and the boys getting out of place to be accidentally sat or laid on (not in the good way)
    -More range of motion... This was the biggest surprise. I never realized how much neoprene likes to stick to bare skin in the waist and hip area and how much resistance it creates. The compression shorts are essentially frictionless against the suit so you can get all Gumby torquing your body through your full-rail turns... or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Speaking of stretchy... I've become a convert of wearing compression shorts under my board shorts. It started last winter experimenting wearing them with wetsuits, which is awesome btw, and just progressed from there. The only time I don't wear them is if I'm going to be hanging out at the beach instead of splitting right after surfing--they just don't let the package dry out in what I would consider a prompt manner.
    +1 Ever since I picked up a couple pairs i haven't gone out without them on, so much more comfortable and keeps me from getting any sort of rash, cause my sessions are typically 4-5hrs, changed my life

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Can we please stop talking about how trunks inhibit your surfing. Try a 5/4 with booties as thick as my computer screen. Trunks inhibiting your surf....geez!
    Ha Ha! Sorry brah! I'm a warm water loving/living thin blooded ( but thick skinned like a gator ) aquaphileatic amphibian. Booties..I like big butts and I can not lie!

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    RipCurl Mirage series baggies are the chronic. Best out there, stretchy, comfortable and hydrophobic material.

I dig canvas boardies too. Have some 18" pairs.

Only compressions I wear are neoprene and it's for warmth while wearing baggies instead of wetty like I'm doing this week in SoCal. 3mm shorts do the trick with 2mm topper. Lycra/spandex compressions may help with chafing but you want your wetty fitting snug on the boys and the kidneys.
    Welcome back brah! Tom Brady is going down this Sunday like Snookie on a meat Popsicle.