LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I knew I've seen that shape before. On Nat Geo.

Attachment 9687
    Nice, some of our fins have been nicknamed 'Patu' fins after maori war clubs.

These wavy edged sword blades used the same principle I'm sure, and the alternative theories for their existence are pretty weak:

http://www.roystuart.biz/2010/06/und...and-whale.html

http://www.roystuart.biz/2010/06/mor...and-whale.html

http://www.roystuart.biz/2010/08/que...-c-curtis.html

http://www.roystuart.biz/2010/08/mor...g-and-fin.html

They may well find a new nickname along the lines of 'Crappu' after pier-shotting on 23' foamballs.

I must be missing something here but which is the leading edge, the bumpy side or the smooth side? The bumpy leading edge looks like it might work well to cut/saw through kelp or Puerto Rican bodyboarder limbs. Then we can call it the Ginsu.

Images
    Looking at the position of the pin and screw, isnt that a Bumpy Trailing Edge Foil???

Bumps are on the leading edge, the tab can be at leading or trailing edge, currently at the front due to the cutaway at the trailing edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Roy I'll need to get one to put on my PP retro I've been speaking of on swaylocks. I have been hand foiling a plywood fin with the leading edge bump.. Good god it's hard to do. I think your 3d printing is a pretty solid idea.
    At $200 per fin, you should definitely buy at least a baker's dozen, chucka-boo-boo. Help pay for the gnome's vasectomy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    At $200 per fin, you should definitely buy at least a baker's dozen, chucka-boo-boo. Help pay for the gnome's vasectomy.
    Actually Yankee that's pretty well priced for a fin like that. A well made fin usually goes for 100. This happens to be Roy's blef fin so yeah it's kinda hard to come by ya god damn moron

Roy I'm gonna order one from you at some point but I was thinking a 10 inch would be good. I will be putting it on my person arrow laird sup. should he interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Actually Yankee that's pretty well priced for a fin like that. A well made fin usually goes for 100. This happens to be Roy's blef fin so yeah it's kinda hard to come by ya god damn moron

Roy I'm gonna order one from you at some point but I was thinking a 10 inch would be good. I will be putting it on my person arrow laird sup. should he interesting.
    Yes, chucka-boo-boo, you with 10 inches of your desired gnome up in ya would be quite a shpectacle.

(It's just too easy with your posts, boo-boo....just too easy....)

Images
    Yes, chucka-boo-boo, you with 10 inches of your desired gnome up in ya would be quite a shpectacle.

(It's just too easy with your posts, boo-boo....just too easy....)
    Hmm actually Yankee I don't think so pal. Your the one who clearly suffers from some form of suppressed homosexuality with all the man on man references you constantly refer too. I suggest you not post and troll an otherwise perfectly interesting thread.

I recommend you have a speak with your good friend Wayne. He can help you supposedly.

They are about US$167 the price is in NZD