LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ripped Off By Assholes

Buddies and me were messing around trying to catch something out there today and our car got broken into. Phones, wallet and my wife's ring were all stolen. Where can you keep your car key with you if you only got your surfboard and towels? We surfed a new area and is this something that happans all the time? Any tips?

Images
    Sux man - sorry to hear. Where were you surfing ?

Some boardshorts are made with little pockets with a string to safely attach a key to.

Fortunately, in Delmarva, where I live, I've never heard of any of my fellow surfers getting their cars broken into. But I know this has been happening more often in SoCal. I always lock my car and hide the key in a convenient place.

Images
    i always keep my key in my boardshort pocket or hang it on the dune fences. ive had friends get broken in to also so i know it sucks. i always try to leave as much valuable stuff at home. like just bringing my license and not my whole wallet.

thanx for the tips,lesson learned!

Images
    really sorry to hear that, i hate bandits. that guy will get what's coming to him i'm sure. if you have a car key that has some electronic parts and are worried about water getting into it, just use 2-3 ziplock bags before you stuff it in your pocket/wetsuit. works for me.

hiding your key works too but there's always a chance that someone saw you stuffing it underneath a rock or whatever and you would never know until your stuff was gone. maybe your whole car too if you get robbed by a real asshole. be careful, i hate hearing stories like this.

key

Get a piece of synthetic laundry line and tie it into a circle that will barely fit around your head--a key necklace. You'll never have to worry about someone finding it and it's impossible to lose.

dude just take your key and put it on the string in your boardie's pocket. if u dont have shorts that have a good pocket with a key string...get a pair! and please tell me you didnt leave your car unlocked when it got robbed?? derrr

Quote Originally Posted by RideHigh View Post
    really sorry to hear that, i hate bandits. that guy will get what's coming to him i'm sure. if you have a car key that has some electronic parts and are worried about water getting into it, just use 2-3 ziplock bags before you stuff it in your pocket/wetsuit. works for me.

hiding your key works too but there's always a chance that someone saw you stuffing it underneath a rock or whatever and you would never know until your stuff was gone. maybe your whole car too if you get robbed by a real asshole. be careful, i hate hearing stories like this.
    no...u get a valet key(thats a key that just a regular ol' key) and just put it in your pocket

Quote Originally Posted by kellyrojo78 View Post
    Get a piece of synthetic laundry line and tie it into a circle that will barely fit around your head--a key necklace. You'll never have to worry about someone finding it and it's impossible to lose.
    youre kidding right?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    It sucks that it happened but if you had a truck you could just put all your keys and wallet underneath the bed liner if its the kind, you can remove it works for me and my freinds.