LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    As Judge Smails said 'the world needs its ditch diggers too'.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    I'm just glad marijuana is illegal
    Whoa, whoa, whoa; hold the phone. Oh man, this is terrible news. Since when? Why didn't somebody tell me? Does President Governor Schwarzenegger know or how about that old hippy guy who was the old Governator, but is now the new Governator again, has someone told him? That Jerry Garcia guy, or Gerry Lopez, Jerry something fella.

I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    As Judge Smails said 'the world needs its ditch diggers too'.
    And Judge Smails gets his handed to him at the end.........

Lost the golf match
    The bet
    his niece slept with commoners
    the course got blown-up
    and Spalding got arrested with weed that he "bought from a negroe."

Oh yeah MIS I made that up. Good one...yeah I'd make up something like that for kicks.....

Images

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    The illegals don't seem to have any problems with this.
    It's funny you mention this while I have a surprise day off.

When my work starts to thin out the American citizens are the first to go. I'm the last of the Americans at least, but 3 illegal immigrants are still working today on the same room I was working on yesterday, with them. Without question I am faster, neater, more knowledgable, and produce higher quality work in comparison. The illegal immigrants I've worked with are very sloppy, lack attention to detail, and regularly damage very expensive parts/contents of very wealthy peoples brand new homes.

You may be wondering why I'm the one sitting home then right? Answer: I cost considerably more than they do to employ so when the job winds down and the money pool begins to dry up, the more expensive employees (me) go first regardless of knowledge and skills. Illegal immigrants will work 7 days a week when asked on straight pay (not me or most of you). My seniority and citizenship is meaningless.

In order to compete with that, (that's what I should do right?) I would have to convince 6-8 of my surf buds/family members to move into a 2 bedroom apartment with me on gorgeous Hamilton Ave. in Seaside Heights. I would have to continue forgoing the luxury of health insurance for lack of affordability. I would have to abort any plan of owning property in this country for lack of affordability........many of the illegal immigrants I have met are saving money to retire way earlier than I ever will in their home countries where the American dollar goes much further.

I'm not racist! I would do the same exact thing if I was in their shoes. I can't say Illegal immigration has made my life any easier though, I would have to say it's been quite the opposite. Overtime pay and any other work incentive disappeared with their arrival in my trade. Now-a-days when it's crunch time we're merely expected to run ourselves ragged for days, weeks, months at a time without being offered an extra dollar all while working for customers that have millions of dollars.

Paid sick days, paid vacations, personal days, medical, dental, 401k, and such things are folklore to me. I'm just a "ditch digger" aka republican step stool........all aboard, next stop financial supremacy. It trips me out how we gauge people monetarily when it's just paper and in no way related to the merit of the human we're judging.

With all that being said, I make do with what I have, push forward, and have fun anyway.
    Last edited by Doug; Dec 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM.

Images
    pjb why do these guy never listen to you?? you are right about most things you say i will never understand why all these surfers are so mainstream. its like theyre all political and hate people on unemployment and such. i was on unemployment for a while too how do yall like that, i paid into there for i am entitled to it if you dont like it then suck my balls, i was looking for employment while on it. it seem that lawyers and other professionals have gotten into a culture they dont belong in, dont criticize us because you make over 6 digits. love the sotuh
    Last edited by sandblasters; Dec 19, 2013 at 04:11 AM.

i dont trust anybody who says they are a "surfer" and hasnt dont some sort of psychedelics....they would never be a surf buddy of mine thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    i dont trust anybody who says they are a "surfer" and hasnt dont some sort of psychedelics....they would never be a surf buddy of mine thats for sure.
    Mescaline. It does a body (and mind) good.

Images
    Reppin' Psilocybin here, but many paths to the top of the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    It's funny you mention this while I have a surprise day off.
    When my work starts to thin out the American citizens are the first to go. I'm the last of the Americans at least, but 3 illegal immigrants are still working today on the same room I was working on yesterday, with them. Without question I am faster, neater, more knowledgable, and produce higher quality work in comparison. The illegal immigrants I've worked with are very sloppy, lack attention to detail, and regularly damage very expensive parts/contents of very wealthy peoples brand new homes.
    You may be wondering why I'm the one sitting home then right? Answer: I cost considerably more than they do to employ so when the job winds down and the money pool begins to dry up, the more expensive employees (me) go first regardless of knowledge and skills. Illegal immigrants will work 7 days a week when asked on straight pay (not me or most of you). My seniority and citizenship is meaningless.
    In order to compete with that, (that's what I should do right?) I would have to convince 6-8 of my surf buds/family members to move into a 2 bedroom apartment with me on gorgeous Hamilton Ave. in Seaside Heights. I would have to continue forgoing the luxury of health insurance for lack of affordability. I would have to abort any plan of owning property in this country for lack of affordability........many of the illegal immigrants I have met are saving money to retire way earlier than I ever will in their home countries where the American dollar goes much further.
    I'm not racist! I would do the same exact thing if I was in their shoes. I can't say Illegal immigration has made my life any easier though, I would have to say it's been quite the opposite. Overtime pay and any other work incentive disappeared with their arrival in my trade. Now-a-days when it's crunch time we're merely expected to run ourselves ragged for days, weeks, months at a time without being offered an extra dollar all while working for customers that have millions of dollars.
    Paid sick days, paid vacations, personal days, medical, dental, 401k, and such things are folklore to me. I'm just a "ditch digger" aka republican step stool........all aboard, next stop financial supremacy. It trips me out how we gauge people monetarily when it's just paper and in no way related to the merit of the human we're judging.
    With all that being said, I make do with what I have, push forward, and have fun anyway.
    Doug, you are a righteous Dude. Good post man. keep the faith

One of my sisters is an E.R. nurse, she's one of the strongest advocates for immigration reform (which can mean a lot of things I suppose, give em the boot is how I'm using it now I guess) I know. Why? Because she sees what she believes is the direct impact of people who are not citizens taking advantage of the system everyday. And in turn, she has seen the detrimental effects that this has had on the medical care that people who have to play by "the rules" receive. If you own property, pay taxes and have bought into the system of government that we have (and it is a buy in), you have to keep playing by those rules or you lose the stake that you've already leased. Who wants to do that? You can't just walk into the ER, claim indigence and not pay your bills. Trust me at one time, I was indigent and couldn't pay my bills after I got nailed by a hitNrun on my bike and still got sent to collections. Instead if you want to save your child who was born with a congenital birth defect and all you have is the crappy insurance plan that some of us count ourselves lucky to have, you end up going into bankruptcy and having the family 3/2 foreclosed on. Happened to a fire-fighter friend of hers. My sister's always worked at hospitals along the border, maybe that's given her a unique perspective.

The second, biggest proponent for immigration reform I know is my father-in-law, who's a high school baby sitter. You'd like him Pump, his hobbies include introducing bears and elk to a .5O mzzleloader, wearing out the lever on the RCBS, high-powered collecting,(all hail the Oxford comma) and shaping and restoring surfboards. He was some commodity broker type person in LaJoola and then New Yuck in the 70's and 80's 'fore he decided his true calling was teaching inner city youth the ever exciting and popular subjects of econ and history. Living in IB/Chula Juana for that last 60 odd years he's seen a steady increase in the number of kids who come across the border everyday to attend public schools in San Diego Co. I don't know how many of you ever stood in line at the TJ border crossing at 5Am, but multiple families will pool resources to rent as cheap an apartment as they can find, claim residency in the school district and then send their kids to schools on public transportation. They line up at the border every morning, kids an mamacitas, draped with bookbags and their plastic bags full of food for the day, shiny and proper looking; standing in line with all us drunks who reek of cheap tequila and stink of stale beer. All in the dim hope that by sending their kids, some of whom are even U.S. citizens, to an American school that they will someday have a better life. Maybe, maybe not. FIL says it makes the classes too big.

The terrible thing is, I think there is a way to "fix" the illegal immigration issue in the U.S. Verify the residency or visa status of the person who initiates every foreign wire transfer. If the status of the person sending the funds is in question, hold the funds in escrow until their residency or visa status is verified. If the person does not have legal residency or visa status, repatriate (that one's for you MIS) the funds and give em the boot. Maybe shake em down for a lil somethin more first. I'm sure that we can find a way to use the extra chedda. The majority of people in the US looking for work illegally are sending money out of the US and back to their countries of origin. Heck, the majority of people here on an H1 prolly do the same thing. Once you stop the flow of money out of the US, you cease the incentive to come here looking for work. What're they gonna do, B!1ć0!n? Snarf, snarf

This is a repost. Fuchin déjà vu on this forum is weird, I swear someone keeps taking a trip to Puerto Rico, wtf is up with that? What was this thread about anyway?

FIL can glass mean too.

Oh Canada, our home and native land

Oh Canada, tierre de nos aieux

Funny how you joke about and exploit the gov wel fair. I myself am employed (it's fairly easy if your not on drugs) and work 40 plus a week, but I get paid so little I can't even make by with extra $50 the govt gives me in ONLY FOOD StAMPS, to support my small family. So no figure I can barely make it to half the tiney swells that hit my nearest coast in My broken down mini van with no door handles....So you my friend, can find the nearest cliff...