LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boardshorts and Booties

Boardshorts and Booties. What do you guys think; practical or ridiculous???

Images
    spongah, in surfer16's defense it was a very fair question to bring up, as its pretty odd to wear booties without a wet suit. Usually, the gloves and boots come off first. it sounds like however, she was using them as fin socks, which makes more sense.

I didn't think we needed to make a new thread out of it, but whatever.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Jun 11, 2008 at 03:13 PM.

3. i think its redic. u would look likea clown wit booties on n boardshorts

The only reason I could see doing it is if you were at a break where the walk out was over some gnarly rocks.

I vote for AquaSocks

or hell, why not some Tevas sandals
    Last edited by goin_retro; Jun 11, 2008 at 02:42 PM.

ExtremeSpongerChicks Guest

No Biggie

Like I put in the other thread--I have sensitive feet--i really don't care if it looks ridiculous. It's not a fashion show, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. I didn't and will not take any of the comments personal. Enjoy the warmer water--finally!

Looks Comfy

:
    Quote Originally Posted by goin_retro View Post
    The only reason I could see doing it is if you were at a break where the walk out was over some gnarly rocks.

I vote for AquaSocks

or hell, why not some Tevas sandals
    Nice....will have to keep these in mind!

wouldn't the harder soled surfing booties really suck with BB fins?

Socks/Booties

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    wouldn't the harder soled surfing booties really suck with BB fins?
    I guess I should be writing socks versus booties...I don't use hard soled booties...although in mid-winter it would be nice to have a thicker milled sock/bootie to keep the feet a bit warmer.

Anything that enhances the experience for you could not possibly be ridiculous. Surfing itself is far too free and beautiful and precious to allow the perceptions of others become an obstacle. Peace, FA

i actually wore board shorts and booties the other day. idk it worked out alright. i dont think "looking like a clown" should matter at all. the only thing anyone else in the lineup should judge, if anything, is how much i shred. if you are honestly out there like "omg do you see that that guy is wearing" - you're a gay dude.