LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Surfing?

1. Winter Surfing is very best time for surfing as in this season there are cold waves in the atmosphere. It is the very best time for the surfing. For you i advise to buy booties and gloves and neo sport of 5/4/mm. It will best for you.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by macgregorsmith View Post
    Check some of the previous threads on the topic.
    but in short, atleast 10mm of suit and 15mm of booties and gloves will be highly recommended. The thicker the better. And as many layers as it takes. Good luck
    Something like this:
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...CC7537559A0E49

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    A really good 4/3 with all the other accesories would work. I for one would never try and do it with a back zip suit, chest zip maybe, but never a back zip.

Definitely not enough for the Northeast................

I wear a 4/3 oneil back zip with 7 mil boots 5 mil gloves 3 mil hood all winter... From nj here... Look into the average air and water temps... Air is what makes me cold when I sit out of the water but when I'm in the water I'm fine for a couple hours...more rubber sucks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrichard View Post
    Winter Surfing is very best time for surfing as in this season there are cold waves in the atmosphere. It is the very best time for the surfing. For you i advise to buy booties and gloves and neo sport of 5/4/mm. It will best for you.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Late nominee for post of the year. Spot-on.

Images
    Man that jackrichard is a persistant fellow, but very nice...wasn't he in the banner thread too?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Man that jackrichard is a persistant fellow, but very nice...wasn't he in the banner thread too?
    Nice post, Seldom. Good work. Epic

Dude, I love the line....." there are cold waves in the atmosphere..." It makes me feel as I'm exploring the universe for waves......in a spaceship.

Images
    Why thank you sir, just doing my part...yeah I get that cosmic vibe too, and one could fly a banner from the back of a spaceship so I guess it all comes full circle.

I just checked out all Jackrichard's post. he is a brilliant troll. Jack d!ck anyone? If he is not a troll, than by God I have to meet him.

I've surfed VB in a 4/3 for years, and was ok. Got a 5/4 chest zip a few years ago on whiskey militia and havent' looked back since. Save your money and spring for the thicker suit. You'll be glad you ahve it on those cold a$$ days.