LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot Drying

Boot Drying

Has anyone tried this or a similar product to dry wet surf boots? I had been considering rigging something up with PVC pipe and a blow dryer at air temp.

http://www.amazon.com/PEET-M97-FSB-O...ds=boot+driers

Also, any recommendations on reducing or controlling boot odor? - like cleaning with with anti- bacterial soap, rinsing and drying thoroughly. I recall some discussion on this in the past but couldn't locate it on the Forum.

In the past I had used thinner boots with no soles and could easily turn them inside out to dry. Can't do this with my 7mm soled boots

Just got some Mirazyme haven't tried it yet. The boot dryer is going swimmingly on its second year.Boot Dryer 005.jpg

Anyway, Santa will be bringing me a boot drier. I'll let you know if it's any good. Otherwise wife will want smelly boots and gloves kept in the garage. If nothing else, can use on wet running shoes.

Images
    I have one just like GreenFlash on it's third year and still works great. Once your stuff is dry just spray the insides with Lysol and that will take care of the smell.

I have been using the DryGuy for 3+ years now. Dries my gloves and boots in less than 3 hrs. Got mine online but thought I saw them sold in ****s Sporting Goods in the hunting section. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlash35 View Post
    Just got some Mirazyme haven't tried it yet. The boot dryer is going swimmingly on its second year.Boot Dryer 005.jpg
    I've got the same one and it dries my boots and gloves in less than 4 hours on the heated setting, and they are bone dry and not melted. I was skeptical about its worth for the price before buying, but now I'm planning to buy another for the wife. Love it. It's a no brainer. My boots were already smelly before using this so they haven't gotten better but I can imagine a new pair would not get smelly using this. I never tried cleaning the boots though. Good luck.

Stopping boot odor is like keeping squirels out of the bird feeder. There are many products and theories but none ever really work. Forget it. Booties will always stink - period. Go low tech -keep them outside.

Let your booties air dry and then store them with dryer sheets (bounce) stuffed in them, I do 1 sheet in each bootie and that pretty much takes care of the funky odors.. poor man solution but works pretty well...

Wear them to bed. The human body produces a lot of heat. Recyle Reuse Reduce

I always take my boots/gloves into the shower with me after surfing, and put a little drop of bodywash in them and rinse them out. It works to keep them not smelling.