LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Spill

Images

Oil Spill

Has anyone seen any oil in Freeport? Me and a buddy are heading out tomorrow. I know its in Galveston but was hoping Freeport was still good. First time I have been off and its looked semi good and a dang tanker and barge have to collide. Go figure.

Don't worry, the Job Creators put that in for your convenience. It'll insulate you from everything. the ones here purposely pumped toxic coal ash into the Dan River, that feeds our water source, in order to put more arsenic in our system.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Don't worry, the Job Creators put that in for your convenience. It'll insulate you from everything. the ones here purposely pumped toxic coal ash into the Dan River, that feeds our water source, in order to put more arsenic in our system.

Images
    Thanks Chic. I feel better already. Not as worried about the oil as I am about the stuff they put in to disperse it.

the coal ash is more than arsenic; more of toxic stew.

Images
    Nah dudes, oil's good, fracking's good, it's all good, our economy is what's most important.

'Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell'-EA

Duke was misrepresenting the facts about the "spill" indeed it was a broken pipe, but it was hooked up to a pump to get it over the berm and into fresh water.
    http://www.power-eng.com/articles/20...stigation.html

The dispersant of choice is Corexit. It adds punch to the toxicity of the crap in the oil. No one knows what's in it. They aren't required to tell the ingredients, because they're job creators.
    http://drsircus.com/world-news/disasters/corexit-2

I loves me some seafood. but I've gotten off it (except I had a relapse Sat. and ate a founder sammich).
    It was harder than getting off cigs.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Nah dudes, oil's good, fracking's good, it's all good, our economy is what's most important.

'Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell'-EA
    It's very helpful to farmers as well. they don't have to plow as much after the earthquakes.
    http://www.livescience.com/43953-was...riggering.html

Images
    No oil out there. Choppy crap but I had fun anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by natkitchen View Post
    Thanks Chic. I feel better already. Not as worried about the oil as I am about the stuff they put in to disperse it.
    Dispersants are all cataloged with the EPA. My last company made them, and toxicity is way lower than the oil it is treating. Most dispersants are amines and stick to the CHONS (Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen Nitrogen Sulfur) regulations. The regulations on marine use dispersant, or even fuel dispersants, are very strict.
    Last edited by brewengineer; Mar 26, 2014 at 11:47 PM.