LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb San Diego or San Francisco

I recently just got admitted to SDSU & SFSU... Where would ya goons go if ya had the choice? Stay classy in San Diego? Or shred some deadly ocean beach.. I've been to the central coast and farther up north, but can't say I've been farther south of LA.. My vote is vibing more towards SDSU even though I've never been there. What's your two pennies?

Go south young man.

go to school in SD then get a job in SF when you're done. I lived in SF for years. Great town- bur wear board shorts not a 3/4 when your age 18-22 dude.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWocal View Post
    I recently just got admitted to SDSU & SFSU... Where would ya goons go if ya had the choice? Stay classy in San Diego? Or shred some deadly ocean beach.. I've been to the central coast and farther up north, but can't say I've been farther south of LA.. My vote is vibing more towards SDSU even though I've never been there. What's your two pennies?
    San Diego my brother.... SD has sick waves all year long. And the real Ocean Beach is in San Diego.... OB SD has some of the best waves in SoCal. Jetty, Pier, Reefs, Points. Can't find a place better in the continental US... Trust me brother. San Diego is the place to go. Hands down. Better weather, better women and better waves. (Disclaimer: Unless you want to be a "big wave rider" and charge mavericks etc...) SD gets plenty big, but stay in the consistently fun head-high to DOH range a lot of the year... There are some HUGE days down there for sure, but for the most part, you will spend fall enjoying a better Hurricane season than the east coast ever gets, then enjoy solid waves every day of the winter, including some HUGE sh**, followed by a breezy, but consistent spring. Summer is crowded and fun, but the "School Year" offers waves practically every freaking day.... mix that with some heat waves and perfect winter weather and you can't ask for much more

Just remember, it got the nick-name "STD-SU" for a reason. Wrap it up young man.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    San Diego my brother.... SD has sick waves all year long. And the real Ocean Beach is in San Diego.... OB SD has some of the best waves in SoCal. Jetty, Pier, Reefs, Points. Can't find a place better in the continental US... Trust me brother. San Diego is the place to go. Hands down. Better weather, better women and better waves. (Disclaimer: Unless you want to be a "big wave rider" and charge mavericks etc...) SD gets plenty big, but stay in the consistently fun head-high to DOH range a lot of the year... There are some HUGE days down there for sure, but for the most part, you will spend fall enjoying a better Hurricane season than the east coast ever gets, then enjoy solid waves every day of the winter, including some HUGE sh**, followed by a breezy, but consistent spring. Summer is crowded and fun, but the "School Year" offers waves practically every freaking day.... mix that with some heat waves and perfect winter weather and you can't ask for much more

Just remember, it got the nick-name "STD-SU" for a reason. Wrap it up young man.
    Hahaha "std-su" haha ill invest in the proper equipment! Is it truly as crowded out in the majority of lineups as people make it out to be? Or are the peeps stretching the truth a tad?

Images
    Have you ever surfed belmar,ca??

#belmarscomingtocali

Having grown up in NorCal and moving down to SD when I was 30 I'd say go to SDSU. The waves are better in NorCal. Period. No question. True, you'd have to drive to Santa Cruz to get consistency but if you're living in the college area of San Diego you're going to be driving all over the county to get waves here. Now the plus here is that while SF is a constant state of winter, SD is a constant state of summer. Also, like someone else said, you want to be in board shorts while in college. SF is just a better place for after you graduate and have some more money.

Now this is more about the college experience than surfing, and SDSU ****s on SFSU in every social way, e.g. girls, parties, etc.

So I'm voting SDSU for you, and I usually try and steer anyone away from moving where I live

I've surfed both areas and would highly recommend SD over SF. OB, SF is overrated mushballs unless it's stupid big and your other choices for surf in the area are few and far between. The San Diego area has more breaks than you can name and everything from beachies to reefs to points.

Not to mention the San Diego area is perfect weather and gorgeous. SF on the other hand does have a very gritty east coast feel, so it can help remind you of home.

P.S. do not judge san diego based on your LA / OC experience.....it's completely completely different once you're south of OC.

Images
    surf notwithstanding, San Francisco is the coolest city in the country. period.

Hands down San Diego! Well hands up cuz you'll be in Heaven. I lived and loved North County (encinitas-Cardiff Reef-Del Mar-Solana....the list goes on. I lived in Leucadia which is part of Encinitas and borders Carlsbad and loved it. There are a few breaks that resemble the East and are fairly mellow and uncrowded considering it's California. HIT Stone Steps and Grandview and you'll enjoy the waves and the vibe....envious for sure!