LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WaveStorm

Hybrid View

WaveStorm

is it just on the west coast or is this chinese virus taking over the world?

would you say the wavestorms are taking the west coast by storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    would you say the wavestorms are taking the west coast by storm?
    owner?????

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    owner?????
    hater.....

Images
    i believe thats the board Costco sells... Pretty soon it'll be Channel Islands and Burton.

Right up there with SurfTech!

If people would stop supporting this crap they wouldn't make them anymore!

Support your LOCAL shaper....

Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    Right up there with SurfTech!

If people would stop supporting this crap they wouldn't make them anymore!

Support your LOCAL shaper....
    Surftechs aren't terrible they're just commercialized. I have a firewire because they're wicked strong. They are also commercialized but better than surftechs IMHO. I will support local shapers if I find one that fits my needs and the price is decent.

I would never even look twice at that board in the OP. looks like a dog.

#IbetBelmarpeepsridethatstuff

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    Surftechs aren't terrible they're just commercialized. I have a firewire because they're wicked strong. They are also commercialized but better than surftechs IMHO. I will support local shapers if I find one that fits my needs and the price is decent.

I would never even look twice at that board in the OP. looks like a dog.
    I gotta disagree - surftechs are terrible. They're extremely durable and look great, but they're stiffer than a 2x4 and slow. Couldn't get any real speed out of the one I had and turns felt very strange/forced.

not really hating on wavestorms so much as I'm wondering why so many decent surfers are buying them and riding them at the best spots...seems to me, if you can afford surfing at all, you can afford a real board made in USA. Where's the pride? Beginners learning and farting around on them at lesser quality spots is fine.
    Last edited by waterbaby; Dec 27, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

I'm wondering why so many decent surfers are buying them and riding them at the best spots
    They are not easy to ride in the tube. it's a challenge. It seems to me if you have the wave mastered, riding a wavestorm will make it more challenging, AKA JOB at pipe on one

not gonna lie, I will defend wavestorm

for one it KILLS your ego....I mean how 'cool' is it? not very, but how fun is it? VERY
    it strips down a lot of the BS and brings you back to a more childish and SHARING state of waveriding

I gotta disagree - surftechs are terrible. They're extremely durable and look great, but they're stiffer than a 2x4 and slow. Couldn't get any real speed out of the one I had and turns felt very strange/forced.

I see your point. I have a 6'10" Yancy Spencer (Boardworks edition - just like surf tech) and I don't have any of these complaints. on the flip side this is a fun shape and it is not meant for high performance but it does ride the barrel well.