LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Hands down Wrightsville...the vibe in Wilmington and at UNCW are WAY different than in Charleston. Wilmington has a cooler vibe than chucktown plus there are a variety of surf spots between WB and CB and its more consistent.
    Cooler vibe? Maybe more hippies, but I think this area is pretty awesome.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Also, the water is a bit warmer down in Folly for the school year, but the "crystal coast" has incredible visibility and serene water in comparison. All of SC suffers from warm doo doo water because of all the intercoastal water ways.
    Our sooty water is not from the ICW, but more from the massive river estuaries dumping into the ocean. It isn't really dirty water, just full of minerals. Our water cleanliness is pretty damn good.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Mid-Atlantic regionals are in Folly this year, and I'm REALLY glad I have a hyper-groveler for them...
    If the waves are like we have been getting this winter, you won't need it. I have seen barrels many days this week. Thank you off-shore wind!
    Last edited by brewengineer; Dec 29, 2013 at 09:20 AM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    confederate states of america
    Posts
    1,234
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    If the waves are like we have been getting this winter, you won't need it. I have seen barrels many days this week. Thank you off-shore wind!
    you have seen barrels? aculy seen barrels? next time there is a bigger swell im heading up there. it wont barrel here to save your life and the inside reform sections are gone.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    you have seen barrels? aculy seen barrels? next time there is a bigger swell im heading up there. it wont barrel here to save your life and the inside reform sections are gone.
    Yes, 3 times last week. One day was even 3-4 ft, and I wasn't on Folly.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Wrightsville. They have a better window. Folly is the best spot in SC, but wrightsville gets much better, more often. And you have CB and a bunch of other options. Folly is about it around there.
    Thanks! and ya it seems like wrightsville and the surrounding areas pick up on more swells. but do the outer banks block a lot of the north swell?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by ftl95 View Post
    Thanks! and ya it seems like wrightsville and the surrounding areas pick up on more swells. but do the outer banks block a lot of the north swell?
    Yeah man, OBX blocks a significant amount. However the curve at core banks helps ease that a bit. WB receives a decent NE but hardly any North. However, there is some decent spots all around that have a little exposure if you look.

  8. #18
    One is located in North Carolina the other in South Carolina. NUFF SAID!! Actually though....Wrightsville sucks too. The only reason to go there would be to buy a surfboard, eat a taco or perv out (actually those could be the same thing ) Way, way too many rules, 18 idiots on every wave, expensive, no parking, crooked cops, you get the idea.... Did I mention the rules.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by NICAfiend View Post
    One is located in North Carolina the other in South Carolina. NUFF SAID!! Actually though....Wrightsville sucks too. The only reason to go there would be to buy a surfboard, eat a taco or perv out (actually those could be the same thing ) Way, way too many rules, 18 idiots on every wave, expensive, no parking, crooked cops, you get the idea.... Did I mention the rules.
    Not sure your tone here. Actual or sarcastic? assuming it is actual, your description of WB is a bit exaggerated IMO. the pier is that way but there are other spots that put out a decent wave for that stretch of beach. there are also plenty of places to find less crowds. you can hit topsail island or CB too. no big secret and nothing all time but there are some decent waves.